PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Is this ever in stock or has it been discontinued? Anybody know the last time it was available?

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Keep an eye out for it. It will usually come unstick around the same time that Penzance and Stonehaven come around. Tey are all blended by Germain, so it disappears for months at time, but it is still being produced.
Good stuff though, glad I stocked up a few years ago.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
What chubbster said.
And, BTW, I think it's definitely worth keeping an eye out for. It's a terrific blend. . . and it's thisclose to being Penzance.
Bob

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
I hate to do this, but jut this morning I ordered 2 tins from Mcranies. Mcranies keeps several germains blends in stock, they are where I get my brown flake and special Latakia flake from.
BTW, they have no more in stock, in case you were planning on calling. I wiped them out this morning, but I call every two weeks to check, and every time I can pick up 2 to 3 tins at a time that they have in stock.
I know I am going to regret giving out my source, but it's just tobacco.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
I guess I have just been unlucky then, because I have had no issues stocking up on Penzance and Stonehaven but I have never been able to even get one tin of Special Latakia Flake. Good to know it comes around when Esoterica brands ship. This is the last of the hard to get blends that I need to stock up on. Last week I ordered several tins of Old Ironsides which was another blend I could never find. Thanks to everybody who responded I appreciate the help.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
You can order Old Itonsides directly from Dan Tobacco.
Look for Brown flake and Special Larakia flake when you see the treads about Penzance and Stinehaven. CALL, don't just check the sites. If you want the blends, it will take some leg work, but I have always found what I wanted in a reasonable amount of time.
These are just tips, it's worked for me every time, so give it a shot.

chubbster

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Lol
I truly do apologize Rickpal.
I wa just trying to help a guy out. Maybe I shouldn't have been so open, but I've been helped at times, with someone giving me a source to a blend.
If it helps, I can Pm you a source for some really old vintage blends for a stellar price?
That the best I can offer for giving up your stash spot.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Written tongue in cheek chubbster!!!! LOL
No worries........ Still sending u a PM though........

Status
Not open for further replies.