PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
I recently came into possession of some of this blend. I wanted to see if this was really the clone or UK version of Stonehaven. I can tell you that it has that same what I want to call "molasses and raisin, leathery" smell right out of the bag as Stonehaven, but I have noticed that it seems to be missing a little of the sweetness that stonehaven has when I smoke it. I wanna say maybe a little different topping if thats the word I am looking for. Definately a great smoke, better half likes the room note. Still have to let it dry a couple hours out of the bag like stonehaven, but once dry, it smokes down to a nice little ash pile. The one physical differnce that I did notice is that the dark flake is sliced a little thinner than stonehaven. All in all, if this stonehaven drought continues, I think this will make a pretty good fall back. Happy Puffing, Bill

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I actually prefer it to Stonehaven. Although very similar, when looking at these two side by side, I'd be hard pressed to call then identical.
Back when credit cards were accepted by UK tobacconists, I bought RDF from Greens on a regular basis, now you need a friend on the other side of the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.