PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Has anyone tried Germain Medium Flake?
I've read mixed reviews and I was just wondering if anyone here on PM had experience with it or if they had any especially strong feelings to share about the blend...
Thanks!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I was eyeballing that one but decided there were too many poor reviews. None of my favorite reviewers liked it and the fact that pipestud gave it 4 stars tells me it is not very good.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Cigrmaster, I was willing to give it a shot since Germain seems to make reputable blends on the whole.
A few comparisons to Capstan and a number of intriguing comments about its supposed flavour (is it soap, lavender, citrus, or just "fruit"?) caught my attention.
Honestly, it does have a lot of poor reviews but there are quite a few flawed reviewers out there so I was hoping to hear firsthand from one of you gents. With 16 reviews, though, it doesn't seem that popular so I'm not surprised nobody has tried it.
*PS: The worst reviews are also the ones that are written the worst for the most part, so I don't know if there is a correlation there. I am curious but I don't think I want to gamble on this one too much...

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
If Cigrmaster don't want it.... I don't want it. He knows his chit man:)
+1 shawn622, 'nuff said.
With all due respect to Harris, who I know is very knowledgeable, things tend to get slippery when you start basing your opinion on the opinion of someone else's opinion.
Worst case scenario, you spent ten bucks to try a blend. Personally, I tend to be a bit devil-may-care when it comes to trying new tobaccos. Not much dissuades or prevents me from trying something new. I have tried blends people rave about and have felt :| and I have tried blends no one ever talks about and felt :D . There's just no accounting for personal taste.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
bulldog mick is quite right. I like certain blends but I am very limited in what I like, it is mostly va flakes and vaper flakes. I don't smoke english blends, I do not smoke many ribbon cuts,I don't smoke red virginia's, very few aro's, so just because I may not like something or choose to ignore something doesn't mean it is not going to be great for someone else.
Shawn I do appreciate the confidence you have in my tastes, but trust me I don't know everything. Taste is so subjective that what I like might be something someone else hates. Thank God we don't all like the same stuff because it would be a bitch to get those certain blends. Just look how hard it is to get FVF or Veermaster.
simenon, when tantric gave it 1 star that was enough for me. He is one of my favorites and my tastes are very similar to his on flakes.
roth, that guy reviews so many and he smokes maybe a few puffs and the decides he hates something. His tastes are all over the place, when I see him like a certain flake but then reviews something very similar and gives it a 1 star, he loses all credibility with me.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
roth, I am glad to give you a chuckle. When I read his reviews I do get a good laugh. I really have to thank TR because I have found almost everyone of my favorites because of that place. I wish this place was around when I started, I would have saved some serious coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.