PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

elduderino

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2014
St.Paul, MN
I compose this on a heavily spider webbed cracked iPhone . Being it's my only contact with the forum, I was was dreading losing my phone. Longd story short I went hunt to for fall pics along the Mississippi River valley. After finding a great spot on the rocky bluffs I pack a bowl of SPC PLUM PUDDING and took it all in.
After taking it all in. I decide to see if I can throw a rock over the bluff into the water below. I failed the first time so I tried again.as I released the rock my iPhone jumped out of my pocket and went skidding down 30ft of rock face! The rock did hit the water but my phone was gone. It was getting too dark to to go look for it.
After talking with Sprint the following day to see how much it would cost to get a new phone ( $350-500) I went to look for the phone. I went back the next day to find the phone. After looking for an hour to find a "safe" path down I settled on a way. After two hours I found my phone. As I write this message my display is cracked all to hell! It still works though!
It'll cost $100 to fix my screen. But the adventure is priceless! I'll send pics when the phone is fixed. Please share some adventure that went horrible but you can laugh it off now.
Donavan

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Glad you were able to make the climb down to find your phone and back up again safely. As far as my mishaps, I'll have to think on that one a bit.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
My phone story. Many years back I got a new cutting edge phone with a button for every character! I could text faster than all of those poor saps that had to punch numbers several times to get letters. It was the greatest. One day when I got home and climbed off of my dual-sport Yamaha, I noticed it was gone. Did I leave it at work? The convenience store? Just as I was getting ready to backtrack in search of lost treasure, my mom called my wife, and that is highly unusual. Turned out that my phone had somehow popped out of by breast pocked and tumbled down the road a piece at 50mph. Some kind stranger picked it up but it was so cracked and chipped that he just started pushing buttons to see what would happen. Before you know it he's talking to my mom, who's talking to my wife, who's telling me the story and soon after I am talking to the good citizen face to face and get my useless smashed phone back. No pipe involved other than exhaust. :(

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I know a girl that loves geocaching. Her boyfriend decided to join her and they finaly found the location. There was an engagement ring at the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.