PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I've ever understood the attraction to snuff or it's purpose, much less ever having tried it, but be that as it may.

S'nuff said... :wink:

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
The tin art is awesome! Never have seen that brand myself. I used to enjoy the English and German Nasal snuff here in the USA up until they banned importation. I still have some Wilson's Blackberry but it lost most of its flavor being stored away. For those tobaccophiles that have never tried it? You don't know what your missing!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
setter - I don't know if the snuff availability problem is due to a ban on importation - there is a recent ban on mailing the stuff. Some well stocked B&Ms (like Main Street Cigars in Belair, MD, Peretti's in Boston and Wingenroth's in Lebanon, PA do stock snuff.
hp

les

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Thanks folks! I've apparently been given some bad information concerning the product. I'll check out those sites.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Just out of curiosity,how do you keep from sneezing your head off when you snort it? :?:

froggie

Lurker
Apr 1, 2014
The good news is that it's probably not much moister after the laundry than before! German snuff is some oily stuff.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Just out of curiosity,how do you keep from sneezing your head off when you snort it?
There's an art to mastering the technique when using it. One doesn't "snort" it it's more of a huff and you have to watch it doesn't go down the back of your throat. There's actually forums dedicated to its use and there's a multitude of flavors and some serious history associated with its use. I never wandered much past the menthol and fruit offerings as some of the old floral recipes reminded me of Grandmas cologne too much. :)

skapunk1

Can't Leave
Feb 20, 2013
At least it didnt finish its journey with a tumble in the hot dryer for an hour!
That would have been a right mess
Warren

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
There is also an old tradition, I hear, of sprinkling a pinch of snuff onto the top of the lit tobacco in your pipe. This apparently gives it your smoke a short-lived burst of flavor depending on the type of snuff used.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
@settersbrace

I actually have a second tin on the snuff I washed, and another tin from the same German company, with equally awesome box art.

983b4913aef8a6d154b7ad109ddb2ed6_zps9da080a7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.