PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithelouniverse

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2013
West Texas
Ive worked out, drank a protein shake, put on the coffee, and loaded 2 bent Dublins (one from my wife and one from a noble benefactor) with Escudo, and have cracked the book to chapter 7.

I only have one final this semester, but it's to give an entire presentation in Spanish.

If I do well enough to maintain my class average and take a class over the summer, keeping my 3.8, I will have earned a scholarship to transfer to a bigger school, an extra 3500 per semester from the school in addition to the federal loan process.

Which means if I can get the scholarship, I will have the money to finish school in one year instead of two..

Either way I feel like I've won, I had some circumstances in life that made me think I would never get to go school. Little bit of hard work and some help from God has really given me a great opportunity, and I hope to make it happen.
Wish me luck!

Sorry for the long post, I gotta get after these books fellas!

-Lou

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
As a grad student, I have a sense of what you're going through. It's no picnic. Good luck to you!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Good luck!
I'm just a little baffled by the title of this thread: "Gentleman." ??
Bob

kanaka95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2014
Ithelouniverse keep up the hard work it will pay off.And deffinetly keep praying with god all things are possible.Stay strong brother.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Keep it up and good luck.
It took me about 8 years to finish my degree. Got my associates in two but life kept butting in and it took six to finish up the Bachelors.
You can do it!

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I'd follow with a "good luck" as well, but I really don't think you need it. Seems you've got a handle on this and everything you've accomplished thus far, is owed to the hard work done by the guy that stares back at you in the mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.