PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My rotation has settled between English type blends and burley blends and single leaf. I must have six or eight tins or jars of good Va and Va/Per languishing. Not to mention some good dark-fired blends. I enjoy what I've been smoking, but I miss the other good blends. I guess I've just gotten in a routine, to the exclusion of some of the other options that I enjoy. Warmer weather is a good time to re-introduce some of these nice Virginia and Va-Perique back into the rotation. Are you missing out by force of habit, like I maybe am?

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'm still determined to limit the number of open units scattered about, but all of the sealed, untried goodies keep calling to me.
Right now, I have open:
Pirate Kake

PS LBF

H&H Marble Kake

D&R Picayune

D&R Ramback Balkan

D&R Ryback

Vintage Syrian

Black Irish X

SG Navy Flake

MB HH ODF

GHCo DFu

Hyde Park

Russ' SV23 VaPer

OGS

GHCo Scottish Mixture

Peterson Irish Whiskey

C&D Winchester
If I can't find something to enjoy in that mess, I need to hang it up for the day.
Still, all of the other, untried blends whisper to me. I scan the printout of the cellar and read here of everyone's exploits. And then there's JimInks...
Constant temptation. First world problems! :puffy:
I think I have something from each category going, which is my goal.
I think I'll not pop anything else until I get under 10 open. Well, maybe when that Potlatch comes in, I'll have a little taste....
MAKE IT STOP!!! :crazy:
jay-roger.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Heavy lat blends are intentionally neglected, but all else is fair game at any given time.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have no English, Oriental or Lakeland blends in my cellar. I have a couple of aromatics that I have been ignoring lately but no big deal there. I smoke my VA,Vaper and Vabur flakes and enjoy them all. My recent newfound blends( Curly Block, Salty Dogs and Butera Dark Stoved) have been a major part of my recent smoking and I am loving them. My only issue is trying to find where the hell I put stuff as it is all over my house.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
cigrmaster, sounds like it's time for the roundup. I try to keep 'em corralled in my study, as best I can. Now, where in the study is the question....

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
BK rocks -- one of my favourites! I smoke some VAs, mostly burleys and dark fired and VA-bur blends. I do have a few English blends but I rarely smoke them. I don't smoke Lakelands because I know them and I do not like them. Aromatics made by HU Tobacco have appealed to me, but they are very hard for me to obtain and so I have only tiny amounts of them.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
I banned Latakia blends for a year or so having worn out my English - and banned aromatics.
Recently I went back to Latakia for a rum craving that brought me back to Black Frigate. That has let a few English and cigar blends back into the club.
I really gave aromatics a good try, but mostly I never reach for them. Lakelands and a few are in the occasional mix now. That exercise did lead me to a few heavily flavored if not true aros. War Horse bar being one - and a few others.

There's no blend I won't try, and a few of them in each genre that I will smoke occasionally. I have found myself smoking a lot more straight Virginias lately, and I haven't even had any perique in quite a while. I just tend to root around and explore things in binges. That doesn't mean that I have to like something else less. I know that I'll eventually come back to it. I think that the pipe tobacco selections will continue to reduce in size in the future, so I am not going to impose any other limitation for myself. Even a goopy aromatic with a nice cup of coffee has its place in the world. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
perdu', I'll put Bold Kentucky on my list. I'm swimming in tobacco, but that's never stopped me before.

Status
Not open for further replies.