PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
A special shout out and Thank you to Simon for his generosity and help with a pipe issue I was having. I smoke a Pipe continuously throughout the day while working, I work with the Public works Dept. I needed a strong and somewhat durable Pipe to see me through the work day. I have broken several Briar Pipes where the Tenon meets the Mortise. I have also been known to smoke the same Pipe for several days. I also needed a Pipe that was fairly light weight so I could clench and have my hands free. Simon, took the time to help this ole country boy and recommended a Pipe that was just what the Doctor ordered. And now, thanks to Simon I don't have to resort to a Falcon Pipe and wear white socks w/ Sandals and wear a flat Hat while I am at work. I don't think that would be a good image for the public to have to see. ;D
Eric

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Pretty cool, well done Simon!
So what pipe did you end up with? Not one that requires you to wear loafers with NO socks I hope!

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I work with the Public works Dept."
It wasn't this pipe, was it?
th

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
That's exactly the kind of pipe of was thinking of hunter. I am curious though of which pipe falcon received.

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Didn't mean to leave you hanging guys, been a little busy. The Pipe from Simon was a gorgeous Meerschaum Billiard he purchased new in England in the mid 80's. Very proud of this Pipe as it has had nothing but Condor smoked in it for it's entire life.
Eric

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I needed a strong and somewhat durable Pipe to see me through the work day. I have broken several Briar Pipes where the Tenon meets the Mortise.

Am I missing something here??

Seems that a Meer would be more fragile than a briar? I would be careful with it.....

BUT.....KUDOS to Simon, what a generous gift. I think you are correct in thinking if you smoke a pipe several days in a row, the meer will perform.

I would suggest a Cob for work...... tough little buggers, and cheap too!......... :puffy:

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"I would suggest a Cob for work...... tough little buggers, and cheap too!........."
Seems like a perfect fit. Regardless, the members here are most generous.

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
I second (third?) the cob suggestion. Sounds like the perfect pipe for your needs and you could get a boatload cheap.
And, LOL at hunter. :)

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks guys for the Cob suggestions, but I can't smoke corn cob pipes, it alters the taste of me Condor! :D

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Very kind and noteworthy indeed.
Although as mentioned, will a Meer be a durable solution if you are prone to breaking pipes?

thefalcon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 23, 2012
Very True misterlowercase,
It is not very often you encounter someone these days that are that willing to lend a helping hand. I believe Simon would do everything in his power to help out a fellow Piper.
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.