PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Wishful thinking. I haven't found it yet but it is now on the top of that wish list. I have never seen one with a colored bit and the brass insert. I don't think there are many around.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a new GBD, the return of the brass rondell and brass ring. I saw several at Cigars Unlimited in PA (Superstore). They were around $90 and several had colored stems.(but no 9438).
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/73751/gbd-facet-pipes/

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Al, you're amazing!!! I usually don't like the new ones but in this case I night make an exception. That does however explain why I hadn't seen it before.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I have 5 of the post Codogan 9438s and none of them smoke anything like the earlier ones. But the bit in the picture looked like the old style. It looked quite fine at the button. Hard to tell from the picture. But it is a handsome pipe. I find the new ones just don't draw like the pre-Codogan versions. If you should trip over one let me know what your thoughts were.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
Looks like a great value along with being a very classy looking Rhodesian. I love the stem color and the brass sets it off nicely.

Mar 30, 2014
wv
Yes I've seen some nice looking newer GBD's. Go for it and tell us how the new ones smoke. Here is a Grail for you. What finish/model is this, and where can I get one?!! This thing looks so badass with the grain showing through a matte finish and a matte stem.
vXfJZdul.jpg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a 9242, probably a New Standard (looks like unrestored, probably from GL Pease' webpage). That was my the #1 pipe on my Holy Grail list, found last year:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/gbd-9242-1-holy-grail-realized

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I believe that is just GLP's photographic magic (I think perhaps Neill Archer Roan took those picturs?). GBD's were either smooth/polished, blasted or rusticated. No special finishes were used.

Status
Not open for further replies.