Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
Has anyone tried this?
Is it anise flavored? does the tobacco come through or is it a heavy aromatic?

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
WOW!!! Never even knew they made that sort of thing! I'd sure try it! Other fine bakkies touched with anise with a very light hand, I've really enjoyed!!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Sounds like something I would enjoy as well. Sold out at SPC before I even realized they had it.

willc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2014
I ordered a few ounces from P&C, it looks like GH also has a bunch more new flavors in non flake form.

Think I saw Blueberry, Banana and some others.
They may be taking Lakelands to a whole other level.

I ordered a few oz of Banana also. I thought that it might blend well with the Coconut Twist ropes. I think that I will avoid the licorice. I even enjoy just a minute dash of licorice in a casing, such as the Esoterica and Astley blends, but if there is enough licorice in a blend to name it so, then it probably would gross me out.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
I actually have some Strawberry Delight (Sutliff); time was when I would never touch anything with a name like that! But the stuff is quite good actually, light and refreshing. And not artificial tasting or too strong. Just a pleasant taste and aroma.

beastinview

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2016
It may be a departure if you look at their smoking tobacco offerings, but many of their twists have been offered for chewing for years in an astonishingly varied array of flavors!

ltstone

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
I find that I can hardly taste the added flavors in any of Gawith ropes.

sallow

Lifer
Jun 30, 2013
OK so I finally got around to ordering a few ounces of this.
After I was done smoking upstairs my wife asked if I had been smoking a cigar, so I guess this has a fairly robust room note.
There is definitely an anise note in the jar, but once in the pipe it smoked very much like any other G&H blend without much of the tin note coming through. The base tobacco underneath reminded me of those used their rum flake, which I enjoy.
It had a good dose of strength, and I will definitely have fun working my way through the rest of the jar. I would like it if this was available tinned. I think that bulks lose some of their topping while being shipped in that plastic baggie.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I've smoked several bowls of the Licorice flake now, and I'm hard pressed to taste the licorice. I like the flake though.
FWIW, anise and licorice are two different plants. Licorice extract is widely used to flavor cigarettes.

Licorice factoids

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/brand/28/gawith-hoggarth-co I don't know if these are actually new, I think they're just starting to import them from the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.