PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
For those who like Full Virginia Flake, this is a treat: a mixture of densely pressed Virginias with a hint of smoke, resulting in a honey/molasses flavor instead of the grain and agave flavor of yellow Virginias. The dreaded Lakeland essence is present here with power but the dark flake half of the flavor helps swallow it up. The result is an easy-burning, cool smoking tobacco of "ready rubbed" consistency that makes a pleasing smoke while working.
Thanks to PipesMagazine Forums member "mawnansmiff" for this sample.
http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/9562#review92662
I really enjoyed a chance to experience this mild Virginia flake.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
The pleasure is mine Brett. Interesting review you have written. Though I too get a little molasses I can't say I've ever tasted honey...I shall have another bowl later and see if it comes across.
As for the (yes, dreaded) 'Lakeland Essence' I must be desensitized to it as I have never experienced it in WS. I just get a smoky medium strong Virginia with lots of depth.
I have never tasted agave though I have tequila which I didn't like one bit.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Regards,
Jay.

bryguysc

Can't Leave
Feb 4, 2015
Dang it.

First, G&H Louisiana Perique Flake, then Bob's Chocolate Flake, and a sample of Condor; and now this is sounding good.

I fear I may be on the precipice of a slippery Lakeland slope.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I think I am becoming inured to the Lakeland essence, and even enjoying it. Tobaccos from different places should taste different. It may even be a Baedeker guide for the smoker.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Is this available in the US?"
I don't think it is or sadly ever will be as it's a recentish addition to their already long list of blends.
You have your FDA to thank for that!
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.