PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012

I love GL Pease Gaslight but when I'm out and about I'm not crazy about the round tin. The round containers are relatively bulky for the two one ounce plugs they contain and don't slip easily into a pocket or pipe bag. I re-purposed a Mac Baren Vanilla Cream tin to make a handy go box for my favorite GLP tobacco. This Mac Baren tin is very small and the height is just right to compress a plug or two holding it stationary and not bouncing around while underway by cycle or auto. A little double sided tape on the back of the original label identifies the goodness within.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Ahh I quite like the round tins, but I get your point. For me it's the crimped paper that annoys me. The only thing I've against the square ones is they crush too easily. I fell off my motorbike last winter and landed on my arse, which had my tin of squadron leader in it. I ended up with a tin with a perfect dent of my arse in it, and an arse with a squadron leader sized dent in it :( so, don't keep them in your back pocket!

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You are a genius!
I have to say I rather love those Mac Baren Vanilla Cream tins. They are certainly ideal for housing your tobacco when you're out and about. Very compact and still able to easily hold enough to keep even a 10 pipe a day smoker fully stocked.

stbruno70

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2013
Well done. I also have always preferred the rectangular tins for travel.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks gents!
MLC -Old street pavers from back in the day when the major cities had there own brickyards. I use them to border my small grill patio where my gas grill sets.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
AAnybody ever hear of a pouch? They aren't known for denting ones arse neither.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
none of Greg's tins are actually travel friendly.. I also trend to use the Peterson Flake tins.

Status
Not open for further replies.