PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Pipe smoking is supposed to be about patience and relaxation, right?
I fired up my first bowl last night and did it all wrong.
GLP's Gaslight needs to dry out first. And it needs to be loose packed.
I did everything wrong and was left with an unsatisfying experience. I jammed the tobacco in one of my favorite burners, an Elliot Nachtwalter poker, and started huffing. A few minutes later I realized that I'd screwed the pooch, like an FNG, but instead of setting everything aside I pushed ahead trying to make it work.
Wrong.
What an asshole.
Numerous relights later I finally finished the bowl more annoyed then when I'd started.
Twenty minutes later I pulled an old soldier out of the rack - a forty year old, thick walled Irwin's pot - and did it the right way. The leftover Gaslight was drier, the bowl was gravity fed and I was a much happier man.
I learned yet another last night. My bull in the china shop way rarely wins the day. I hope I can remember it the next time I've got a self inflicted GSW.
Fnord

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Whenever I make a similar mistake I get urked as well.
Getting a chance to enjoy a smoke is not easy for me. That's why I long for the next pipe load, a relaxing moment by myself, one full hour I manage to steal away just for me, then yuk.
What really bugs me is the lost opportunity to enjoy the tobacco. Now I have to wait several hours or even a day or two just to get another chance to really relax with pipe in hand.
Guess it happens to the vets occasionally too, not just the newbies.
Dot

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
fnord, you freaking rank amateur, have you forgotten everything you have learned here? You sound like a 15 year old grabbing his dads pipe for the first time, the horror, the horror. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.