PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
Thinking about ordering a fair amount of these two tobaccos. Anyone have any experience with them? They sound like they'd be right up my alley, really fine cut and easy burning with a good nicotine punch. Or, for anyone that has smoked these two and didn't like them, did you every try something similar that you liked better?

lonestar

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Edgewood Texas
I enjoy them both, they are very dark and strong. I smoke these blends in small pipes, they do very well in clays. When I smoke my old Point Pleasant trade clays (with the reed stems) I smoke these exclusively. Nothing else burns so well in them and its a perfect quick punch of tobacco.

Jul 15, 2011
Thanks lonestar, I was also thinking a smaller bowl when I read the description, or maybe something for a stout after dinner smoke. If I get my hands on some I'll have to try them in my clays, they don't get nearly enough rotation in my daily smoking.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That will will get the day off to a good start.
Let us know what you think of Kendal Kentucky, I have not had it yet. The Dark Birdseye is a wonderful smoke and come to think of it, I have not smoked any awhile. I must change that.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
The Dark Birdseye is a wonderful smoke, and being a NIC junkie, smoke it in BIG BOWLS! Wonderful stuff...

msandoval858

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Kendall Kentucky is some fantastic stuff. The cut makes it easy to pack and it burns really well. Like all the other unscented G&H blends, there's that little subtle hint of flavoring that seems to make its way in to KK. Don't let that stop you though. To me, it's just a very faint presence that actually enhances the dark and rich tobacco flavors very nicely.
I've found this blend burns great in any pipe I put it in. Great for a small cob on the way to work in the morning with a cup of coffee.

Jul 15, 2011
I just put my order in for a half pound of both. I toyed with the idea of ordering a full pound of one or the other but I decided to plop down the cash for a bag of both. Hoping it will get here by the time the 4th rolls around since I have a 4 day weekend coming up. I will report in when I get them both and let everyone know my findings. Until then, I just popped a couple of new tins to try in the meantime.

bowler1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 16, 2013
Williamsburg, VA
I tried the Dark Birdseye, but really did not care for the flavor. I really like Old Dark Fired and was hoping for a similar taste, but to me it was quite different.
I may try the Kendal Kentucky though
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.