PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
I just tried G&H Brown Twist Sliced, so this is just my first impression not really a formal review.

First of all, it is not a "perfumey" lakeland blend at all.

It does have a sweet but strong tobacco smell with a hint of vinegar like smell mixed in.

It smells absolutely great in the bag.

My ounce was very moist so some drying time was required.

The tobacco lit well and tasted very good. That very faint vinegar and rich tobacco taste was really nice.

I had just eaten a meal a few minutes before smoking this and it was probably a good thing, as this one has some nicotine kick to it. It is not unbearable at all, but I am a nic. medium-weight at best.

Probably best to smoke this one in a small bowl unless you can handle a lot of vitamin N.

I think this one is going to be a keeper. I will know for sure after a few more bowls.

Anyone else have an opinion on this one?

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I found a jar of GH Happy Brown Bogie and have had several small bowls this week. I had forgotten the great cigar overtones and the rich, darker taste.
I've been trying to use cigar construction as a model for twist tobaccos, especially as with cigars the wrapper is the single most important determinant of taste; according to some/most writers. Twist tobacco has its wrapper. Is it as important to the taste of these tobaccos as a cigar wrapper? Probably not as twist tobacco is not smoked as it comes; in one way or another the smoker renders it broken up for the bowl.
What say you?

lawmax3

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2013
As an update to my earlier post:

The more I smoke Brown Twist Sliced the more I like it!

After letting this tobacco air out in a jar for a few days I have identified a flavor in this one that I was unable to identify at first. It is the flavor of black walnuts. Very rich flavor profile.

It is truly an amazing smoke.

I will be ordering more of this one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.