PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

earthbound

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2015
While perusing P&C the other day, I couldn't help but notice that my favorite aromatic flake- Bob's chocolate flake, is no longer available through their website. A quick google search turns up a few other places that still have it, but this has me a bit concerned... Is this tobacco going to be discontinued? Does anyone have any input on this? I just bought a pound of it from Jon's Pipe Shop in Champaign, IL just to be on the safe side.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I posted elsewhere that the wife complained that it smelled like Vietnamese Baboon Poo. I was directly challenged on that from a Vet who never saw a baboon in 'Nam. I mistranslated it. In reality she said it smelled like Vietnamese Pig Tailed Macaque Poo. I have never tasted either one. I will say those weren't Snickers I put in my pipe.

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
I've only purchased mine thru SP. Have never seen it out of stock when I wanted some more. One of my favorite blends with Latakia.

Oct 7, 2016
Looks like PCI is phasing out Arango distributed pipe Tobacco. No SG. And I was told by customer service rep not to expect Esoterica to be back in stock.

Oct 7, 2016
Tins and bulk in stock at Mars Cigars, Iwan Ries has tins. 4noggins has bulk.
I wouldn't worry about the blend disappering. It ebbs and flows.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
In my experience, BCF is very different from batch to batch. I bought a pound in 2010 that is fantastic for instance. Other batches (I have about three pounds bought over the years in 1/2 lb or 500 gr. boxes) not nearly as good. Kind of like 1792 in that way.
Mike S.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
[In my experience, BCF is very different from batch to batch. I bought a pound in 2010 that is fantastic for instance. Other batches (I have about three pounds bought over the years in 1/2 lb or 500 gr. boxes) not nearly as good. Kind of like 1792 in that way.]
Was this bulk or tinned version? I suspect in general bulk might not be as consistent in quality as tinned probably not for the tobacco itself but for sometime suboptimal storage in the shops. Do you think it could be the case?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I don't know about macaque poo, but for some reason the idea of chocolate flavoring in tobacco strums on my gag reflex. Tastes are so individual. Rum, whiskey, anise, citrus, plum, apple, liqueur, etc., all good. And I like tobacco (obviously) and I sure like chocolate, but just as two separate delights.

Status
Not open for further replies.