PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
So I'm a gamer and (duh) a pipe smoker too.
Do the gamers here tend to game while smoking? I was just wondering because I tend to smoke too fast when gaming, hence my meers become my gaming pipe.

derfargin

Lifer
Mar 3, 2014
Kennesaw, GA
I haven't done so yet, but am looking forward to it. Next house will have a secondary house which will be smoke friendly inside.
Sure would make downtime during raids much more enjoyable.

grue

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2016
I tend to play mostly adventures and turn based RPGs so I might light a pipe but I haven't done it yet. Since I am still discovering the world of pipes I prefer to dedicate myself fully to the embers.

bonehed

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 27, 2014
I've considered moving a monitor and console outside into my smoking room... but never 'pulled the trigger'. Maybe once the lil one is older and I feel like smoking inside wouldn't be such a bad thing...

robwoodall

Can't Leave
Apr 29, 2015
I do, but I really need to stop.
If I'm playing something fast paced, I over puff and burn the heck out of my tongue. If I'm playing something more precise, I forget the pipe and let it go out. Sometimes I notice my jaw getting tight and sore from over clenching. I just haven't had a really positive experience from smoking and gaming.
Maybe I'm just dumb...

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Depends what I am playing. I don't game a quarter of what I used to and when I do it is mainly iRacing which is not conducive to pipe smoking do to the high energy and focus I have to put into it. If I am playing an RPG, RTS or something like a city building game then I often will have a pipe in my mouth.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
... not a gamer but often sip a pipe while reading and posting Forums; it seems so complementary. Forums is my gaming in a sense. I like the personalities -- you are, after all, real people (and a few unreal people) -- which makes it an even more intricate and unpredictable "game." Interesting folks. Your online games can't send you tobacco samples!

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
I haven't tried this yet. I do not game near as much due to working full time, going to college after work, and kids. Once this semester is done, I hope to be gaming more but I have decided not to smoke in the house until our new home gets built which will have my gaming/work office with some sort of air exchanger to keep it fresh. I am not certain I would smoke while gaming because of what some of you have experienced, puffing to much and burning the tongue and ruining the pipe. I do however, love to smoke on our back porch while reading.
Cheers,

Jared

hextor

Sep 20, 2015
ohhh mann that's the best, smoking while insanely playing massive hours of your favorite game, right now I am currently playing fallout 4, but that's when I can, unfortunately I have became a father of 2 kids and a married man and my smoking inside the house while gaming is over, but alas I do remember those good ol days.

loborx

Apr 20, 2011
I often smoke my pipe during chess or backgammon sessions. Also works during cards and board games. Does that still count as "gaming" these days? :P Honestly, I play "alot" of video games - mostly turn-based RPG's and dungeon crawls - but I don't smoke while I play. Too much stuff going on with buttons and mouse clicks. I do miss the old gaming days when you could grab a pal or a group and spend hours at Scrabble or Boggle or Uno. We are all so glued to our screens these days - as I sit here and type away...

1adsarge

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 19, 2016
NE Nevada
Depends on the game RPGs yeah fighters no.
I would agree with this. If I were just grinding levels, farming rep or mats, I could see this being feasible. During a raid or a shooting game, would result in a painful tongue!
Cheers,

Jared

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Back when I spent more time on the Playstation, I'd pair the experience with cigarettes and beer. Like jessicac, I get too worked up playing video games to smoke a pipe.
Nothing like a few bowls at a poker table, though ... :wink:

jessicac

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
A couple years ago I learned my lesson the hard way, burning out a pipe thanks to COD. Hence the Meers being my shooter pipe.
On the other end of the scale, a delicate and frail pipe can be smoked with Life is Strange, cos you're gonna smoke that really slow.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I've seen enough nicotine deposits on motherboard and heat sink surfaces to dissuade from smoking around my computer. I suppose if the room ventilation is good and you have removable intake filters on your computer case it wouldn't be too much of a concern.
I have a gaming friend who vapes constantly while playing. He sounds a lot Darth Vader in my headphones.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I don't like smoking while gaming.
Only 2 I'm playing at the moment are The Division and Overwatch.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I play COD and Destiny all while smoking a pipe and feel it actually helps me get more flavor. Since I am not concentrating on the pipe, I feel it am not over thinking the puff, as I do a lot when I am just sitting to have a smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.