PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Dan Chlebove just finished this Cutty last night and I'll get it tomorrow. This is my first Cutty and my 5th Gabrieli. I'm really looking forward to it.
bqiXPy1.jpg

HMg6Cdm.jpg

hFn1G2A.jpg

huPjmcf.jpg

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Dan does fantastic work, I have a bent Rhodiasian from him and he's working on a christmas pipe for my brother.
Not sure I can actually like this post though. On the one hand I want him to prosper, on the other I don't want to have to wait forever for a commission spot to open up :p

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I don't think you have to worry, catyrpelius, this was not a commission. Dan happened to make it and post it on our club Facebook page and I called him and struck the deal. Total impulse buy on my part.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Great looking pipe. I do not believe the pedestal is required for it to be considered a cutty, but I defer to some brother with more access to history on the cutty.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The pedestal, or foot, was common on clay and meerschaum cutty pipes so they could cool down without laying flat. It's more for a traditional look on briars but just as effective.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
I first saw this pipe on Dan's FB posts, and it really caught my eye. To me, it's as if he made a new vintage pipe. Yet it is unlike any other pipe that I've seen. Just a unique piece, with classic lines, and a feel to it that places it sometime in the early 20th century. Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.