PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Things are moving along this weekend. These show the progress from out of the chuck to shaping the keel. I never really appreciated what went into the bulldog shape. This is where skill hits the road.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
I love seeing progress pictures, like you said, it makes you really appreciate what your getting that much more. It's also exciting to see it at different stages. Can't wait to see the next set.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Yes, that is a lot of visualization and integration of curves and planes. I am amazed at my standard

Dr. Grabow Royalton, what a lot of intricacy there is a little old machine made pipe. I have Johs, which

is handmade, which is also quite a feat of taming the bulldog shape. You really are getting a nice "do"

on yours.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
+1 papipeguy and antbauers. I know myself well enough to know I couldn't even attempt to create a pipe; amazed by those who can. Looks great Dan - the Dublin stack is next on my list from you, but then a bulldog, methinks.
Andy

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
John, that pipe looks like it is coming along nicely. I really need to get one of Dan's pipes. Is this your third from him?

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Yes, Yaz, this is my third Gabrieli. The local B&M is also working with Dan for their 2014 POY, so #4 is only a few months away. Dan is getting to be a busy boy these days and rightly so.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.