PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Dan was busy again last night. He sanded some more and put on Tripoli to get an idea of what is needed before the stain is applied. He has one more sanding step but these shots give a good representation of what I have to look forward to.

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
It looks quite good without a stain now. Almost seems a shame to cover up that attractive natural grain.

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
A gorgeous pipe and while I agree the natural color is beautiful on its own, I am interested to see what stain does to bring out the grain even more. Good luck and keep us posted with your progress!
RD

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Already looks like a million bucks! A nice walnut stain seems like it would be perfect. I'll be interested to see the final unveiling.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Looks fabulous as is but if Les says Dan is the man with the stain I will wait patiently to see what magic he weaves on this beauty.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Oh God, I'm jealous! John - forgive me - but my next pipe from Dan is going to be one of those!
Andy

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Looking good! If I'm seeing it right, I like the transition from the diamond shank to the more rounded off stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.