PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Dan is delivering the bulldog to my house in about 10 minutes. This whole exercise has been a gas for me and I hope some of you have enjoyed the process as well. I got a real appreciation for what goes into creating a pipe over the past year and this experience has been wonderful. I can't recommend Dan's pipes enough.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I quite enjoyed reading your update posts - and that pipe is a stunner.

antbauers

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Wow I thought I liked how the pipe looked before the additional stain. This is even better. The magnum opus sounds good for the inaugural smoke. Not sure if you posted it but what's the dimensions on this bulldog?

On another note, thanks for showing the progress of this pipe, I've also gained a better appreciation for the work that goes into our pipes.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Tony, sorry,no I did't post the dimentions, and I was in a rush to get it to John, I forgot to get the fianal weight but she was headed to appx. 46grams. The tobacco chamber .82" just shy of 2" tall. Chamber appx. 1.70 deep

little over 5.5" long.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
John it's I who thank you. Most pipe makers would die to make pipes for a patron such as yourself. "Make me a classic Bull Dog with a red stem" I have complete artistic freedom,well just about;)Your patronage,support and encouragement is greatly appreciated,and it's my pleasure to make pipes for you.

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

PS: Gents thanks for all the props.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
Congratulations John - that is a stunning pipe. Well done Dan! The progress reports and pics have made it all the more enjoyable watching her come to life.
Andy

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Smoking my second bowl in this beautiful bulldog. MacB HH Latakia Flake. Just a lovely smoke. This pipe refuses to get hot so I can imagine how it will behave once I get a decent cake established.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Congrats to both of you on what looks like a wonderfully fun collaboration! What a handsome pipe.
-- Pat

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Wow, the final stain and finish on this pipe is amazing. Well done and congrats both to both the maker and the owner.
RD

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
With those dimensions and general appearance it much like one of Dunhill's classic pipes. The main difference is Dan's work is much better looking. Really impressive. Congratulations John.

Status
Not open for further replies.