Gaaah! New St. Patrick's XL90 Here and Gone...

SmokingPipes.com Updates

1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
36 Fresh Estate Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
For weeks I've been waiting for the new Peterson Saint Patrick's Day pipes to come out... waiting for that XL90 shape so I can carry on the tradition I started in my first year of the pipe when the 2013's came out. I've been looking at sites every day just waiting. Today I checked out 4noggins and it seems they had one! But it's already gone :( I thought Pipesandcigars or Smokingpipes would be the first to get them, but alas they have not yet. And maybe if I'd checked out 4noggins earlier, I'd have my Irish beauty. Maybe tomorrow some more will pop up somewhere.
Anyone else looking forward to the new ones? They've stepped it up a notch in terms of style from the previous years.

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
I like the design this year, stunning. Good luck hunting for one.

Jan 8, 2013
I saw your PM Bradley and replied. If they had them there, they're gone now. I guess there's no point in stressing about it (I did the same thing last year ha.) I'm sure in the coming days more shops will be getting them in. I'll just try and be patient :)

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Ant I went on their website and could not see one, but when I did a goggle search for the Pete XL 90 the pipe and tobbaco shop came up. Give them a call tommorow.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
I love the looks of this year's St. Patricks Day pipes. I'll definitely have to add one to my collection at some point. It probably won't be soon, since the wife gave me a Pete Donegal Rocky tonight for Valentine's Day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
anthony, I think you may well see the shape you want come around. There are still a few weeks before St. Pat's Day,

but also I've noticed these pipes surface long after the day is gone, and sometimes even when the next year's pipe

arrives. Not that you want to wait that long, but holiday pipes re-surface. Usually new, but sometimes as estates.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Hi Anthony, there appears to be one available at Hilandscigars.com:
http://www.hilandscigars.com/pipes/peterson-2015-st-patrick-s-day-pipes.html
I have never shopped there before, so I cannot offer anything about their quality of customer service. But it is in stock at 11:00pm EST.

coraxsnag

Lurker
Feb 13, 2015
Hilands does, indeed, have one or two of those still in stock, as of 9 or so this morning, local time. I'm fortunate enough to live a couple miles from them, and I've never had a bad experience with them in person. I picked up the 106 version just today, and I'm mightily pleased. My 2014 was the XL90 and it's seen some mileage.
Also, hello! I imagine I'm breaching forum etiquette slightly by hopping in here, but since I'd had the information ready to hand, I wanted to chime in before I forgot to do so.

Jan 8, 2013
Alright Gigger. I looked your pipe. It's pretty dang nice... but way out of my price range. I guess perhaps I was being overly sensitive to the typed word today. Sorry brother.
Coraxsnag, you're not breaching etiquette at all. Thanks for chiming in and welcome to the forums :)

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
I refuse to buy pipes whose bowls have been dipped into the finish stain. The breakin period is horrible unless you sand the stain out of the bowl chamber.
This is exactly what I do to all my new pipes (including recently a Peterson's Green) if there is a coating on the inner wall of the chamber - I sand it down to near briar. It usually takes me a bit more than an hour plus possibly leaving me with some blisters on my fingers.

menuhin

Oct 21, 2014
@ Anthony

Here's a link with possibly available Petersons St. Patrick Day 2015 pipes, both straight and bent

http://www.tobaccopipes.com/peterson-st-patricks-day/

Status
Not open for further replies.