PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I have been doing my danged best to go with just one tin of tobacco open at a time so I could concentrate on just that but

have been having the hardest time. After 40 years of having several tobacco's to choose from, it's been hard. But I finished

two tins yesterday and was down to three open this morning. Was filling the thermos with black coffee and about ready to go

mow at my hunting camp when I decided to open something new. I've had 5 tins in the cellar for some time so opened some

Samarra. The thing just looked like a gem on opening, the colors in the can just made my mouth water. The smell reminded

me of a new denim jacket with a little sweat already in it. Not old sweat, but just put there with some satisfying hard

work. Like my wife smells after picking up pecans from under the tree. Just wonderful, I could eat it bit by bit!

Packed an unfinished bent Peterson and lit. My goodness..... It seems to have many different layers... The Latakia and

Perique mixing well, and the Virginia holding it all together. Not sure if I ever tasted the Oriental coming through, but

this is the first day I've smoked it and have plenty.

I normally don't pay much attention to what I'm smoking when I'm outside working, but I kept snapping back to reality with this one.

I can't recommend it enough... a Real Winner!
(I know this review may be a bit unorthodox, but that's where it hit me).

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Great review!!!
I still have to try a G.L. Pease blend. I have several but I need to (or would like to) smoke some of my bulk first before opening a tin. While i don't have Samarra, the reviews I've read sounds like it might be just to my liking.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
I bought a tin based on this thread and have now had it in two different pipes. It's really something - the latakia (less of that than I expected) plays nicely with the perique and the sidestream aroma is amazing. The smoke feels like a creamy soup in the mouth (what a dumb thing to say - but I can't describe it any other way). The tin says "silky" and I agree with that.
Heretofore, I'd only had his VA blends and I'm glad to have this one to go along with those.
Thanks for the review!

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
I just received an aged tin of this in a trade and will give it a whirl once I get some more open stuff smoked up, thanks for the review

Status
Not open for further replies.