PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
So I got this estate Kirsten that had a cake rotting in it for 20 years. I cleaned out out real good, and reamed the snot out of it. Next I attempted to smoke it which was a regrettable decision as it tasted like a dirty bird's nest. OS I filled it up with sea salt and some single malt, and let it sit for a few days.
So far it tastes like tobacco, but I will have to admit the Kirsten smoking system seem to have robbed the tobacco flavor; however, if you are prone to tongue bite this is the pipe for you. If Linda Lovelace smoked a pipe she would do well with a Kirsten.
You can practically light the tobacco on fire without scorching your tongue. No pepper in the nose either, which is actually something I look forward to. It definitely removes moisture from the smoke
I'll probably on smoke this pipe if for some ungodly reason I am smoking a goopy aromatic which is rare for me.
I accidentally won two Kirstens on Ebay. If anyone is interested in an Estate Kirsten PM me and I'll send you some pictures when it arrives. I got the second one for $31. As long as there are no issue with it I'll let it go for the same price or equal trade.
More details to come.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I have three great Kirstens and, comparing them to cobs, briars and other metals I have (Falcon, Viking, Filto), I detect absolutely no flavor discrepancy.

The difference is in the coolness and dryness. The metals and cobs have it over the briars.
I've read several posts and blogs that claim Kirstens reduce flavor detection; as far as I'm concerned, it's all a lot of hogwash. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.