Pipes Magazine » General Pipe Smoking Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

FVF and Estate Kirsten

(3 posts)
  1. rhogg

rhogg

Login to Send PM

So I got this estate Kirsten that had a cake rotting in it for 20 years. I cleaned out out real good, and reamed the snot out of it. Next I attempted to smoke it which was a regrettable decision as it tasted like a dirty bird's nest. OS I filled it up with sea salt and some single malt, and let it sit for a few days.

So far it tastes like tobacco, but I will have to admit the Kirsten smoking system seem to have robbed the tobacco flavor; however, if you are prone to tongue bite this is the pipe for you. If Linda Lovelace smoked a pipe she would do well with a Kirsten.

You can practically light the tobacco on fire without scorching your tongue. No pepper in the nose either, which is actually something I look forward to. It definitely removes moisture from the smoke

I'll probably on smoke this pipe if for some ungodly reason I am smoking a goopy aromatic which is rare for me.

I accidentally won two Kirstens on Ebay. If anyone is interested in an Estate Kirsten PM me and I'll send you some pictures when it arrives. I got the second one for $31. As long as there are no issue with it I'll let it go for the same price or equal trade.

More details to come.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

but I will have to admit the Kirsten smoking system seem to have robbed the tobacco flavor

I haven't experienced that with mine.

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. yadan

yadan

Login to Send PM

I have three great Kirstens and, comparing them to cobs, briars and other metals I have (Falcon, Viking, Filto), I detect absolutely no flavor discrepancy.
    The difference is in the coolness and dryness. The metals and cobs have it over the briars.

I've read several posts and blogs that claim Kirstens reduce flavor detection; as far as I'm concerned, it's all a lot of hogwash.

"I'm always easy to please since I'm always satisfied with the very best." - Oscar Wilde
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   beefeater33, philobeddoe, tppytel, mephistopheles, jessicac, warren, wyfbane, cosmicfolklore, fishnbanjo, daveinlax, rsuninv, winton, sparks, frank13, papipeguy, pitchfork, kcvet67, mattsem, woodsroad, andrew, danielplainview, gigger48, conlejm, daimyo, pascal, tbradsim1, darwin, mortonbriar, peckinpahhombre, i8ball, jd11