PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Hi Folks,

I have an unopened 250g box of FVF that I would like to let age for a couple of years. Just curious if you leave the box sealed and let it age as packaged from SG, or is it best to open it and transfer to a jar? What's the shelf life of these boxes? Also, any idea how old the blend is when they box it up?
Thanks!

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Jar it and you're good.
I purchased a ten year old box of FVF and did a group tasting a box that was placed in Mylar and sealed intact. It aged just fine, but I wasn't exactly thrilled by the composition of the cardboard. Not sure that method would be my go to.
As an example. I just received 5 boxes that I'm jarring this weekend. I live in the desert southwest. Your millage may vary.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
One of the users opened a 10 year old FVF box a few months back and sent out samples.

I believe he kept it intact in box, and the sample I received was quite perfect.
Nevertheless, I'd personally jar it.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Smokingpipes just got the 250g boxes of Best Brown flake in and I ordered one.

75g or so will be going into a jar for my regular rotation, and the rest will be sealed up for aging in the tobacco dungeon.

kane

Can't Leave
Dec 2, 2014
Thanks guys. Don't know how I missed that recent thread. Must have been asleep at the wheel. Sorry to be redundant and take up bandwidth. My daughter has been using my laptop and it's hard to get around the site with my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.