PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

thbg

Might Stick Around
Aug 30, 2011
Is SG's Full Virginia Flake is good as everyone seems to think it is? Is it equal to Dunhill Flake? I would try it myself, but just can't seem to find anybody who has it in stock. I guess I have kind of given up and was just asking the groups thoughts. Anything comparable...or better that is easily available? Thanks.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
FVF is in a class all it's own in my opinion. I love the stuff but I do find it to be a bit finicky. There is a sweet spot when it comes to drying time that, if achieved, provides a very one sided but delicious kind of roasted coffee, dark chocolate and caramelized brown sugar flavour. I find it to be best when on the dry side and tightly packed. I like both fully rubbed and fold and stuff. Always smoke in slow easy sips. Fully rubbed makes for a very good DGT.

smokenscotch

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2011
It is a very tasty Virginia but requires a lot of drying. You'll come across a tin sometime, grab it, you will probably enjoy it.

Jul 12, 2011
Love the FVF, would smoke it in my sleep if I could :)
As with all SG flake you really...really gotta dry her out, otherwise

a muted smoke you will get....do or do not there is no try :)

rock

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
Cupojoes has it in stock http://cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=F&srch=DF&tier2=68. I have run across it at a few other web stores as well lately while looking for another blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.