PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Got a sample at the Las Vegas show. I like it a lot. I also really enjoyed Russ' special show blend as well.

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
Got a sample at the Las Vegas show. I like it a lot. I also really enjoyed Russ' special show blend as well.
X2 Got a sample as well, great stuff, in fact still working on it. I bought more based on the sample.

Seems I missed the special show blend though.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Slice O' Gold was the 2012 show blend. I believe it's still available as an H&H blend. I need to buy a tin or two of it and the Fusilier's Ration at some point.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Smoking way too much of it. Glad I got two tins. You folks need to quit buying it, as it really isn't that good. Ghosts a pipe with the taste of kerosene and your flagpole will be forever at half mast.

Jul 12, 2011
Mmm-mmm-mm kerosene :twisted: Most reviews are all 5-stars...hmmm any good...I think so
Tin:

The Revolution is here!
Our own Master Blender Russ Ouellette is releasing his latest creation, Fusiliers Ration. This time he's blended up a concoction that represents his own interpretation of the classic Bengal Slices blend that many of us have fond memories of. Start with dark, smoky Cyprian Latakia, and add some of the most amazing Oriental leaf, a variety of Virginias from around the world and a touch of unflavored black Cavendish. Then lightly scent it with an old fashioned top dressing and hot press it to marry the flavors and mature the blend. Slice it and prepare for a smoking experience that's truly, well, revolutionary.

portascat

Lifer
Jan 24, 2011
Happy Hunting Grounds
Thought I would scare a few buyers away with the "flagpole at half mast" thing, but my strategy failed to account for the old farts who mast was shot away years ago by the cannons of life....

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Is that Slice O' Gold an aromatic, or more like, say, Erinmore Flake? Just curious.
I'd say it's more along the lines of Erinmore than your standard aromatic. There is a flavoring, they say it's stewed fruit and I guess I could buy that, it had a wonderful mouthfilling sweetness the few times I smoked it. I think I have a little more left, maybe I'll smoke it again this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.