PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
Apparently British Petroleum thinks the Gulf of Mexico is a fine place to dump oil. I have therefore placed the entire British Empire on my official shit list.
OK OK I know I know....it's not Great Britain's oil. BP is really just Ammoco. But still I gotta be pissed at someone and the British seem like a decent candidate.
Fur and Feather I'm giving you a rare exception since you seem like a fine fella.
Yuck

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
It later occurred to me that by mounting a boycott of all Great Britain I would be voluntarily swearing off Gawith and Hoggarth blends.
Ah....never mind.
I'm all for taking a stand and all. But conviction can only go so far.
Instead I'm going to boycott Canada. Close enough I figure and except for their bacon and the rare Labatt's I won't be sacrificing much.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
After speaking with many people on the subject I can say there is more going on in the background than the news lets on . Did you know only two companys in the US have robotics that can operate at that depth . A rig should be in place late tonight to drill a relief well .The rig is on top of the well head .BJ services is ramping up prodution of a zinc based chemical to hold the oil down at the well head . BP has called every vacuum service in the gulf .Veolia underwater has sent a team .BP will spare no expense to clean up the mess . Shutting down production in the gulf is stupid everything you touch has oil and its by products . Peace

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
I heard on the news tonight that they tried to pur a box over it. Didn't work.
So now some time later this week they are going to use a top hat. Yes they call it a top hat. Big giant one.
If that doesn't work they are going to....wait for it...wait for it....do a "junk shoot". Basically shoot a bunch of old tires and beer bottles (I'm not making this up) at the leak.
Really?
That's the best we can do?
What we're out of duct tape?
Hey I know!
JB weld the MFer. JB weld will fix anything.
I'm not saying we should shut down production. But christ weren't any of these ass clowns ever in boy scouts? Be prepared.
I was obviously just razzing Fur and Feather about the British thing. But I am going to make an effort not to buy BP gas. Accidents happen. I get that. But this level of lack of preparedness and effective response is unforgivable.
Plus, where am I 'sposed to get affordable shrimp now? This is a crisis.

jonesing

Feb 11, 2010
Glad it gave you a chuckle fur.
Was certainly intended to be light hearted.
Good to see ya.
RJ

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
Heres whats down there thay are talking about pushing trash [anti well circulation material]though the lower test ports to clog the well stem shear . http://www.hydril.com/_pdf/pressureControlBrochures/Hydril%20Deepwater%20Drilling%20System.pdf

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I'm torn on this situation in regards to the way I look at the clean up effort.
#1...common sense says punching a hole in the earth more than a mile underwater and even further beneath the floor is no exact science, have your shit together before you get started. Take every precaution, make plan C, D, E .... Z.
#2...BP, and Haliburton both want this leak stopped sooner than anyone, maybe not for the same reasons, but I'd venture a guess that they are getting the best suggestions money can buy, and money is no object like losing oil for these guys.
It still sounds ridiculous though that it's being discussed plugging and oil leak with refuse...

Status
Not open for further replies.