PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
I work at a nuclear power plant and we are currently in a refueling outage. Once every 18 months we do this to refuel the reactor. Well during this time we usually bring in about 1000+ contract workers. They think it's funny to get on the paging system and page fictitious people. I heard a great one today... you guys got any really good ones?
the one I heard today was
Harry Balzanya

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I used to work with a guy bouncing who's name was "Mike Hunt".... needless to say it comes across as something worse over the DJ system.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Russian female weight lifter by the name of Olga Kutchyurbalzoff.
My dentist, who happens to be great is Dr. Pick.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
We used to get overhead pages for "Dr. Harry Dick" in the hospital before they started limiting pages to emergencies. The operator pleaded with Dr Dick to let her at least say, "Dr Harold Dick" but he insisted on the former. It's not even really that funny of name except when you are trying to maintain a professional atmosphere in your work environment.

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
A decade or more ago David Letterman got a real kick out of a gas station owner named Dick Assman. Letterman actually flew him to New York to be on the show he liked the name so much. Mr. Assman garage was in Regina, Sk and about 6 blocks from my folk's house and I saw him regularly as my dad fueled his truck at that garage. :)

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
the girlchild teaches school...she has one student whose name is pronounced "Shu-taid".
it is formally spelled, however, as "Shithead".

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Sometimes, when donating to a cause, you're handed an object to put your name on and they hang it up.
I like to sign those as "Oliver Klohzoff". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.