PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I was scanning through the Ebay listings and I noticed two offers for Bengal Slices for $40 and $60 a tin respectively respectively! Who in their right mind lists this stuff. The tobacco is superb and I should know as I am one of the company owners but asking for three times retail for something you can buy from C.I strikes me as crazy.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
40 - 60 is stupid. But $25-30 is feasible, since that is what they retail for in the people's republic of Washington state.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
I have 20 tins.....maybe I'll part with them. I'm not a huckster. If I sell them it'll be what they currently sell for. Plus shipping of course.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Guess I was the only one thinking there were ACTUAL slices of fungus for sale. #mycology :roll:

unkleyoda

Lifer
Aug 22, 2016
Your mom\\\'s house
Guess I was the only one thinking there were ACTUAL slices of fungus for sale. #mycology :roll:
bluecheese.jpg

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
I have 20 tins.....maybe I'll part with them. I'm not a huckster. If I sell them it'll be what they currently sell for. Plus shipping of course.
Ash if you sell some, Id be a buyer for a few, with no limits on these they disappear when they come in stock. Keep missing the boat :puffy:

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
It is one of those blends that seems to attract devotees. I remember when Dan and myself did the Chicago Pipe Show the other year a German fellow walked up to our stand on the first morning and asked to buy twenty tins of the stuff. I told him no. He then asked me why. I answered that he couldn't have any since his lot had lost the war! He was very dejected about not getting the Bengal Slices as opposed to losing the war. We explained to him that we couldn't sell tobacco but we sent him on his way with a massive B.S sample bag that probably weighed about half a pound. Apparently he set up some method of getting the stuff sent to him in Kraut-land in multiples of thirty tins at a time. He has even sent me a Xmas card every year since that fateful meeting!

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
People will hoard. I think it would take 2-3 big shipments before Bengals become readily available.

Unless manufacturer doesn't want them to be easily obtainable.

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
On a serious note Ben88 we have been talking to C.I and apparently there have been hitches with the manufacturer but it does seem that as fast as it shows up at C.I it gets cleared off the shelf by buyers.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
I bought a couple of tins of Fusiliers Ration when it came out. Pretty close to what I remember Bengal Slices to be. Not a crumble cake though. For me, the Autumn, sitting outside is where these types of blends work best. Can’t imagine bringing them indoors since I don’t have a fireplace.

Mike S.

Status
Not open for further replies.