PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I asked for the least expensive shipping from PC for three two ounce bags of bulk tobacco, and for $3.99 shipping, I didn't expect to necessarily have tracking, or as detailed tracking, but sure enough, once the package was sent, it was tracked and reported through email, so that's always fun. It's supposed to get here by 8 p.m.tonight, but only left Greensboro, two hours away, at 8 a.m. today, so it will be exciting to see if it makes it, through the trucking and sorting, and delivery. It's not a large nor expensive order, to say the least, but it is always fun to anticipate, and even if it misses today, I'll likely have it by Monday. Thank you PC. This is C&D Tuggle Hall, Bayou Night, and Sutliff Lord Nelson. I guess, tell me your online tracking tales, if any.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
My orders are normally better traveled than I am!
It is fun to track a package though..

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Definitely feels good to have a shipment on the way and to keep track of it......

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Boxes, I love getting boxes and a lot of them. This week and into next receiving all the McClelland blends is a pure rush. :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm especially interested in Bayou Night, for starters anyway, because I tried it years ago, one of my first C&D blends, and found it a little edgy and harsh, but my tastes, and everyone's, change over time, a lot, so it may be a whole new day for me with Bayou Night. If not, I'll mix it with something milder. Usually, I prefer full-strenght tobacco, at least in rotation. Then I'll go mild, so the full-strength continues to taste that way, rather than my just getting numbed to it. The leaf is coming postal, and our delivery has been especially variable in the recent year, so who knows when it will (or won't) come. Suspense.

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
I love the USPS tracking. 1-Left Facility 2-Unknown 3-Delivered.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Right! I would think that modern scanning technology enables a carrier to know the I.D. of every package on a vehicle. That vehicle could send its location via the GPS and report real time travel progress for each onboard package. Why isn't that happening?

groovediggerdan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2017
Possum Trot, MO
I think back to when I was a kid, ordering fake dog crap and x-ray specs from the backs of comics books and lamenting the 6-8 WEEKS shipping and handling they had. 6-8 WEEKS! And no tracking! Call me easily impressed, but getting something from the other side of the country or planet in a few days is pretty amazing. And no matter how old I am, it never gets here fast enough...and when it does, it's like Xmas. Hell, I've gotten excited about replacement lawn mower parts being shipped to me :P
-Dan
Edit: I'm also a catalog junkie!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Most of the time if I'm really watching the tracking,is to beat the wife to the mailbox so she does not know I bought it!(Tryin to keep from gettin my balls busted!)... :rofl:

Jan 8, 2013
And sometimes it goes something like this...
1-Left facility (Oklahoma City)

2-Order being processed (wait, I thought the item left the facility... )

3-Left facility (ok, thank you... wait, are you sure?)

4-Arrived Oklahoma City (huh?)

5-Out for delivery (oh ok, must have been a mistake. Sweet!) followed by (dum de dum, waiting all day... where is it? It's 9:00 PM are the carriers even still running? Gotta sleep, will probably be here tomorrow. That's ok!)

6-Returned to USPS Oklahoma City Failure to deliver (Well no $h!*!!! I'm in Fort Worth Texas! *sigh* They'll get it worked out.)

7-Left facility (...Ok three more days have passed, which means it's probably in Dallas or something. Sometimes takes a few days for them to sort things out before they send it to Fort Worth... I'll check the tracking again in the morning. I bet it will be here before noon! Yaaay!)

8-Item arrived in Abu Dhabi... just for kicks. (Wait whaaaaaaat? Abhu Dhabi!?! How the...? Must be a mistake.)

9-No we were serious... Left facility Abu Dhabi (Why, what the freaking $#@#!!!)

10 (3 days later) Arrived Dallas. (Well happy holy $h!*! It's about time! Freaking losers.

11-Awaiting processing Dallas (Day 1)

12-Awaiting processing Dallas (Day 2)

13-Awaiting processing Dallas (Day 3) (What the ##@$!!!!)

14-Arrived Fort Worth (Well finally!) Just kidding! :nana: nana nana nana! Awaiting processing Dallas (You ##@%## #@$$*@!!!!!)

15-Arrived Fort Worth (......) (..... I really don't give a $h*# anymore...)

16-Out for delivery (Wooooohoooo!!!!!)

17-Package delivered (knock knock... "Delivery for you sir." ..."What the hell? Did you run it over with your truck? And whats with the sand?" ...."Camel stampede in Abu Dhabi, sir."... (Get out!!!! OUT!!!!!)

loadclear

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 13, 2017
My place in Alaska has the worst USPS service i've ever experienced (My post office has actually made CNN on how bad it is). I'm the only person in the US who was completely immune to the UNABOMER. Anything delivered via USPS simply won't get to me.
One of the reasons PNC is my exclusive online retailer is that they always ship UPS to me. I find myself checking my UPS app regularly whenever a PNC order is on the way.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Wait until deliveries are made by drone. If they have a live camera fitted then one could spend hours watching one's package flitting over towns, countryside and perhaps the ocean whilst deftly avoiding collisions with other such craft going in the opposite direction!
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.