Fuente Opus X Angel's Share Cigars- worth the money?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
I hear that Opus X series are hard cigars to find- but are they worth 18.00 if you find them?

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
I think every OpusX i have tried have been worth it. Another option is the Fuente Anjeo. It is a Maduro version of the opus.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I haven't had an Opus in years but the times I did, they were excellent sticks.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.cigarBrand/brandid/1409/

Cigarplace has them in stock right now. If you throw anything in the order with free shipping like a meet your maker sampler the full order gets free shipping. Too pricey for my tastes though, I always use the Cigar aficionado top 25 lists and top budget cigars of the year as a guide to purchasing cigars.
There's also the opus x lost city which run around 30$ a cigar and even rarer. http://www.cigarplace.biz/index.cfm/a/catalog.cigarBrand/brandid/2337/

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I fancy Opus X cigars and while good, I cannot justify but one...once in a while. I prefer the PerfeXcion. But at 32.00 each... 8O

pipebow88

Can't Leave
Jun 12, 2013
The Opus X line is a fantastic cigar, and are worth some money. How much depends upon vitola. For me my favorites are the xXx, petite lancero, and lancero. These are all great young or aged. The rest of the opus line really starts to shine after a year or two. I have not tried the angels share opus however.
To touch on something tarheel said the Anejo is an amazing cigar. It is not a opus with a maduro wrapper however. The opus x have a Rosado wrapper, and then there were some very limited runs of Opus maduro made with a special maduro wrapper(prepare to spend $100 plus per cigar here). The Anejo is a different binder/filler with a special Connecticut broadleaf maduro wrapper that is only used on the Anejo. They cost about the same as an opus and are one of my favorite cigars.

B

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
When you consider the prices of other super premiums, the Opus X seems underpriced. They are without a doubt awesome. My all time favs go...

Cuban partagas series d no 4

Cuban monticristo no2

Padron 1964 Anniversary Perfecxion No. 2

Opus X Piramide

david555

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2014
They are well worth it. Get one if you can find one. +1 on the Anejo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.