PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
As tobacco-geddon approaches quickly, I'm stocking up on some tobaccos from overseas. The problem is, it's expensive! Over the past couple years I've overstocked on a few Esoterica blends and I need to balance that out a bit. What's available:
5x Esoterica Penzance 8oz, $125 ea.

3x Esoterica Tilbury 8oz, $85 ea.

5x Esoterica Dunbar 8oz, $85 ea.

5x Esoterica Dorchester 8oz, $85 ea.
I'll ship quickly and pack well. Cheers gents!

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
While these prices are in line with the secondhand market for Esoterica, on this forum they aren't likely to get you anything other than some heckling.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
It has been mentioned here recently that posting a negative or derogatory opinion of an asking price by a member, is unnecessary and unwanted.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
I totally expected heckling, but it was a bear to collect these bags a little at a time, and it's what they're worth to me.
Although, it always amazes me that someone would pay $50 for a 2oz tin but their mouth drops for an 8oz bag at 1/2 that. :puffy:

hiplainsdrifter

Jan 8, 2012
Although, it always amazes me that someone would pay $50 for a 2oz tin but their mouth drops for an 8oz bag at 1/2 that.
Totally agree. My guess is that is because people are just buying it to be able to say that they tried it. Good luck with the sale.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
More people need to move to Canada until they can justify heckling of high prices.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hope I'd research the market and asking prices before I'd heckle, or I might get heckled for my heckling. I often want to comment, pro or con, on for-sale items, but I think that's horning in on someone's deal, and that is not only rude but also unethical. We're big boys and girls on Forums and can/should make our own assessments. If people can't or won't afford stuff, they greet the offer with a resounding, echoing silence, I observe.

May 4, 2015
If people can't or won't afford stuff, they greet the offer with a resounding, echoing silence, I observe.
If they must chime in, and I must, I'd say thanks for the opportunity to get ahold of impossibly hard to find blends. Your efforts to acquire them are appreciated, and I'm thankful you're offering to let them go. I can't afford any at the moment, but thanks for doing it. Good luck with the sale.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
For secondary market prices on these particular blends, these are reasonable, especially when one considers how hard they can be to find.
Secondary market prices of Dunbar, Tilbury and others have been rising as people, fed up with the Penzance and Stonehaven mania, are discovering them. Secondary market prices on Tilbury and Dunbar are over $100 now.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Purchased my first bag of penzance last week from P&C for $49.00 I'll sell it for $124.00. That's $1.00 cheaper than my competitor here. If anyone is interested.

Bad etiquette to highjack someones thread selling tobacco with offers of same tobacco.

codecreatively

Can't Leave
Sep 17, 2014
He's just being cheeky Andy. Congrats on your first bag of Penzance Hakchuma! Hopefully you have at least one friend to share it with.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
My thought has always been if some one is willing to pay the price,it's on them. No harm, no fowl. No reason to heckle anyone...

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, adding an item to another members existing ad is bad form, the marketing department not withstanding. Start a new ad please.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
These prices are actually quite reasonable as others have opined.
I surf Pipe Stud's listings weekly and what the OP is asking is in the same ball park.
The reason these probably didn't get snatched within the hour is due to the lack of pipe smokers from the Asian market represented on this forum.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
And, we is smart here, Beez.
Pipestud is prolly your best bet now that ebay's no longer an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.