PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Well I had to start a post about this.

First, to Dave Neeb - awesome pipe Dave, and as I mentioned in the past, first rate customer service. Personally, all the dealings I have had with forum members that I have purchased pipes from here from the forum have been awesome. To all forum members here; you guys rock!
Tobacco - one bowl of McClellan 2020 Mature Flake. I love this tobacco. So rich, deep and flavorful.
New Dunhill #3 Bruyere pipe. When I first opened the package, I thought oh no, this is small!
But it smoked awesome and to my surprise, lasted over and hour. I wasn't timing it, but when I came in from the garage, I was surprised.
It smoked almost as good as my MM cobs. lol... I had to through that in. :)
I smoked it in my garage as is my norm. The birds were singing, the sun was shining, the wind was out of the north, the best direction and it was a beautiful 18 degrees C
I can't think of how it could have been more relaxing unless maybe I had finger of Bushmills neat, to sip while I smoked and a couple of extra pipe smokers from the forum to join my in the garage to shoot the breeze while we puffed happily.
It was Zen.
That's all I have to say.

Chris in Red Deer, Alberta

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Good line on comparing the Dunny and the cob!

I'm jealous, of you, but I'm happy to hear you had a great maiden smoke in your new pipe!

I'm jealous of you because of your weather! Just pull the stats from a weather site any time from now until about late October for Ocala FL and you'll see Y.

What model is it? Shape I mean.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Chris,

What does Kodak say? Anything like this?

_dunbry3103.jpg

There seems to be a wide range of 3103 Dunhill pipes. Blasted, Rusticated, Silver Mounts, and I've only looked at a couple of sources.

Found another one unlike any pipe I've seen.

Bruyere3103.jpg

seacaptain

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
Yeah, Dunhill has had that "shield" bowl addition for decades. Not sure when it came out originally but it was pre-1976 since it was around when they had 2 letter shape designations. I think it's possible for the "shield" to show up on any bowl shape but I'm not sure.
It still shows up on their new pipes from time to time. I don't get what it's supposed to be for - Windshield? Keeps the ashes from falling out when clenched? I don't get it. It just looks odd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.