PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I know if you have ordered from Jack you should already have got this. If you have been thinking of ordering it would be wise to do so now. Heres a email that Jack Peterson sent me.

Hello Friends of Sterling Tobacco,

It’s time to revise my prices. New prices will take effect April 10th so you will have time to place another order before then. The new prices will be posted very soon on my web site www.sterlingtobaccoco.com. I regret having to do this but as you probably know I have very little influence over my supplier’s prices. Thank you for your past and future patronage.

As always to be removed from my email list just reply to this email with the word "remove".
Jack Peterson
Sterling/1776 Tobacco Co.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
I agree sadley this will in all reality be my last order Ill make it a good one but I am gonna have to find a replacement for the 2 I always order.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Yeah, it's a shame that his prices are going up, but that's the trend with everything right now it seems. Don't even get me started about gas prices! 8O

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
After talking to Jack a bit I think it comes down to the fact that he is a small company and is not buying tobaccos by the ton like other companys do. I know there are many fine tobaccos out there. Can anyone recomend a replacement for 1776 tavren and American Patriot lol

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
After talking to Jack a bit I think it comes down to the fact that he is a small company and is not buying tobaccos by the ton like other companys do. I know there are many fine tobaccos out there. Can anyone recomend a replacement for 1776 tavren and American Patriot lol
I'm afraid I can't. I love 1776 Tavern, and have found nothing else that tastes quite like it. I've never had American Patriot, but had hoped to try it one day, but that's on hold now.

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Got it. Hey one of the things I fine so unique about the taste of this is there seems to be a hint of toasted marshmallow in the background, did you pick up on that as well?

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
yeah i did or kinda a vanillia like tast so to speak. but toasted marshmellow was a good discription of it.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I believe that's the Deer Tongue he adds to some of his blends.
It's an herb that tastes somewhat like vanilla.
Or marshmellows as you put it. I've only had American Patriot from him.
No Deer Tongue. But Excellent.

dhizzy

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 29, 2011
I have not ordered from him but he is on my list of suppliers to chose from. I am a big fan of his business model though and I fear that if guys like him aren't patronized due to a price increase he may dissapear. There have been threads on here about how much of a stand up individual he is; about how he has sent guys like 2-3 oz samples FOR FREE. I liken him to the Navy SEAL of the civilian world; a "Quiet Professional." A man who does his job well and wants no accolades, no praise. So for me, its not a deal breaker. Good luck Jack, ~Civis Romanus sum~

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
its not a deal breaker here either..don't want to pay more but it is what it is. @jaysin, did he give any ideas how much of an increase?

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I believe they are the same company, Toker. But the Sterling web site has a different page for each, so I was wondering what the difference was.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I thought 1776 was a line they carried & sterling was there in house blends..I don't know but its what I thought..

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Ok the new prices take effect April 10th & will be posted soon, prices have been changed already, so if you order before April 10th you still get the old prices right?...FYI 7oz of millionaires blend goes up $3 so I'm sure that's about average

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
Maybe Paul..was Jack Peterson involved with that original 1776 company? If so when he can to sterling maybe he brought those blends with him & retained the 1776 name...that's probably wrong but it sounds good

Status
Not open for further replies.