Status
Not open for further replies.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
'Cause it's been one a them days.
The Pipe: Kaywoodie 5151S, Super Grain, 4-hole Stinger, Estate

The 'Baccy: GLP Navigator (Thanks Chris!)

The Glass: Rock crystal tumbler

The Whiskey: Glenmorangie 15, Oak Casked
Happy Monday Friends. Wish you were here.

-- Pat

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Pruss I had you pegged for a gentleman until I saw the ice in the scotch.
So close, so close.
:) kidding of course. Looks like a nice night.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Pruss I had you pegged for a gentleman until I saw the ice in the scotch.
:clap:
Ha!
I used to be one of those, "It has to be neat," folks, and then I had an epiphany... I should probably eat and drink things the way I enjoy them. I was a hopelessly arrogant, "True coffee drinkers only drink coffee black," assholarista when I started in cafe, until I realized that customers would come back more often and spend more money if they weren't mercilessly razzed about adding milk and sugar to their coffee. :puffpipe:
When it comes to single malt I was comforted to learn that a typical Scotch Nosing includes/requires that the malt be mixed with water to open the flavours up (as they are VERY concentrated when the malt is neat). I do this with ice with highlands malts like the Glenmorangie, and with hot water with Islay malts. But with my Scotch, it's very rarely neat.
It should be noted, that I'm also not averse to adding Coca Cola to Jack Daniels as I think it's the only way to make that stuff potable :mrgreen: I realize that this might make me outcast in some social circles. I think I'm okay with that.
-- Pat

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Lol. I'm okay with a bit of water in a good scotch. I'm not a big fan of ice, but not because I'm trying to be a snob (or that's what I tell myself). For me the cold temperature changes the flavor and its less enjoyable.
Funny scotch story: Was at a very fine restaurant, and noticed there was a 25 year scotch on the menu- can't remember what but it was a common brand- McCallan or Glenmorangie or such. Anyway, asked the waiter what a pour cost, he said "Uh, I think like 25 bucks". I said I'd take one. He returned shortly saying "I guess its like 125 bucks." I cancelled my order :)
Hope your evening was a great one.
Chris

lordape

Might Stick Around
Aug 8, 2013
It should be noted, that I'm also not averse to adding Coca Cola to Jack Daniels as I think it's the only way to make that stuff potable :mrgreen:

Or you could avoid the ghastly stuff all together :D

Status
Not open for further replies.