PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
Recently, our house has been on the market, and we had a showing on Thursday. My mum told me to box up my pipes in an old box from ebay. Put it on the front seat with my bread box which holds all my tobacco in it. I do this Wednesday evening. She later then put all the card board recycle in the car.
Fast forward to Thursday evening, when I get home work. I look in my car and the cardboard box with my pipes is gone. I run inside and check my room. Nothing. She tossed it out by accident apparently... Now I'm out 500 plus dollars on pipes, along with my girlfriend's grandfather's pipes, which don't even have a price on them. I've called Big O, and they said it would be like finding a needle in space. And of course, my mum is trying to make it a lesser dealer.
I just thought I'd tell you guys, seeing as nobody around here understands why I'm so enraged. I just watched my first real passion thrown out like trash.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
I'm really amazed that I have not gone downstairs and dusted off the old double barrel...
I'm an easy going person, but when you mess with something or someone I really care about, it hits the fan.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Check to see if homeowner's insurance will cover some of the cost.

Think of it has an excellent way to start a new collection.

Horrible fate for those cherished pipes! :crying:

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I still occasionally return to a restaurant to inquire if ONE pipe I lost there has since turned up, and that was 3 years ago.

I can't imagine 30 pipes gone.

tonypuff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2011
I would be at the recyclers night and day digging through all their cardboard and if i couldnt find them heads would roll... A few of my pipes hold major sentimental value..a couple were my great-great-uncle's couple others were my great-grandfather's and grandfathers and a few others where my father's.

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
i would have gone back and started digging. i really would have.
Sadly, Big O Refuse is the biggest recycle/trash center in Ohio. I'd be searching almost the entire states recycle to find a single box.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
This is one of the saddest stories I have every heard....You are demonstrating amazing patience and composure.... :crying:

shimrra

Might Stick Around
Jun 21, 2011
not really the whole state, assuming it was near the end of the day that she brought it, and you noticed first thing, it should be relatively near the top. depending on the setup

this is why i never 1) leave boxes without major makring and make sure the contents are known to others. and/or 2) put something like foil tape on it so it's not just another box

misterrogers

Can't Leave
May 16, 2011
Ohio
This is one of the saddest stories I have every heard....You are demonstrating amazing patience and composure....
Oh trust me, I turned as red as a cherry and raised my voice. But stepping back from it now, I've found that the only thing that is going to happen if I stay angry is a strained relationship with my mum. And she's too good for that. I love my mum, and I've told her that she just has to come with me one day and help me pick out a pipe or two.
not really the whole state, assuming it was near the end of the day that she brought it, and you noticed first thing, it should be relatively near the top.
Sadly, it was picked up around 8 in the morning, and from there taken to Columbus. I did not notice till I got home that day, so about 8 hours later. I tried reaching them when I noticed, but they had already closed.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I know just what you are going thru!! About 7 yrs ago my home was broken into and my entire pipe collection of 50 pipes were stolen, along with my tv, VCR, and other household items. The perps were caught by Memphis police after my electronic goods were found in a Memphis pawn shop. After the trial I received a box in the mail that contained 10 of my missing pipes along with a letter of appology from one of the perps wives. I have no idea where the other 40 pipes wound up at.
Baskerville, you have some of the most interesting stories. Who steals pipes?!?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.