PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
And the livin' is easy. Just tried my first bowl of Frog on the Town and it's a serious contender to knock Cellar from the top of my Frog List. Will decide after smoking them both for a few days.
Toadshade

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
Good to hear Frog Morton on the Town gets a vote. I went to buy a tin of Cellar the other day from my local store but they cannot import it into Canada because of the little bit of wood. I was not prepared to pick a second so have been reading up on the options and thought the Town one sounded pretty good.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I thought FM On the Town was pretty good.
What other Latakia blends have you tried recently Toadshade?
BTW ... my wife and I go by the monikers "Frog & Toad" when we are heading out for adventure! :)

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
I like the oak and mild whiskey flavor from FMC over OTT, otherwise I would rank OTT ahead of it. I like the smokiness of OTT,

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Had some Cellar last night but OTT is in my regular rotation. I also just finished a tin of across The Pond which I liked very much. I agree that the whole FM line is tasty.

toadshade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 9, 2014
IWhat other Latakia blends have you tried recently Toadshade?

Cobguy,

I've tried On the Bayou, Across the Pond, and Cellar out of the Frogs. I've tried

Balkan Sasieni which will take some getting used to and Pease Gaslight which had a strong nicotine hit.
Still experimenting.
Dr Toadenstein

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Odd about the cube of wood restricting import. What illogical reasoning is behind that law?

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
@metarzan - Not sure if this is the reason here but untreated hardwoods are not allowed to travel across either side of the boarder. This restriction is due to the possibility of certain insects and larvae being brought across.

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
As if soaked and saturated in alcohol and smothered in tobacco isn't treated enough to keep out insects. Surprised they let briars across. Thanks.

fmgee

Sep 26, 2014
Smorgdonkey, I am on Vancouver Island just outside Nanaimo.
I am pretty sure Sidious is correct and it has something to do with potential invasive insects. Still if there was ever a place for an exception you would thing this would be it.
I'll have to pick up an OTT next time I am in the town! I took pictures of the wall of tobacco at the store so that I could choose at leisure what I might try next and oddly OTT is the one tin I am having trouble seeing in the pictures but there is one FM lost in the glare of the lights so I am hoping that is the one I am after. Hmm I just spotted McClelland's 2013 Christmas Cheer

that I seem to recall has wonderful reviews. These pictures might be dangerous. I have never tried a straight virginia but that one has me tempted.

sidious

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 30, 2014
@metarzan, I hear ya brother.
@Fmgee, I am in Surrey. Hi neighbour.

Status
Not open for further replies.