PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
After reading a couple of positive reviews about FMC, I sent off to Mars Cigars for a 100 gram tin. I've always been a fan of the Frog series and hoped this one would also be a favorite. To make a long story short, FMC is my favorite of the series and a top 5 tobacco for me.

FMC has a rather pleasant note in the tin and my wife likes the room aroma, which is really nice because I have been smoking a LOT of this blend. It has shades of brown and black in the tin and is a ribbon cut. I've found a loose pack works best with it but it still requires more than the average amount of relights. FMC has a very nice mild taste with a touch of Latakia in the background. There is also a bit of sweetness there, perhaps from some VA combined with the whiskey soaked barrel stave put in the can.It is also reasonably priced.
I am on my 4th bowl of this tobacco today, something that rarely happens with me. That should tell a lot about how highly I think of this blend. Scores for Frog Morton's Cellar:: taste- 19 of 20; lighting and burn- 7 of 10; price- 8 of 10. 34 points equals a high **** score and another winner for McClelland Tobacco.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the review.
I have been enjoying this a bit too. It feeds the sweet tooth I get sometimes. I really enjoy smoking this in the cold, something about the crisp air really gives it focused and clear taste.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Apparently (according to Mike McNeill), there is no bourbon in the tobacco itself. All of the bourbon taste and aroma comes from the barrel stave cube, which means the tobacco is sweet and aromatic without being harsh from the alcohol. I think it's just brilliant. I've only smoked a couple of bowls, but it really is nice stuff.

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
i have been smoking this blend for about 5 weeks now and It is by far one of my favorite tobaccos. Thanks for the review!

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
You have me very tempted to crack open my tin and order a few more. Nice review and thanks for the scoring method.

Status
Not open for further replies.