PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Is anyone else interested in starting some kind of petition to get McClelland to offer FM in larger containers. 1 lb tins would be frigging awesome but I'd be happy with 8 oz tins.
Am I the only one dreaming of large FM Cellar tins? :puffpipe:

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I think you'd need 8 blocks of barrel for a 16oz tin.
I'm not sure how they'd do bulk, though. Woodchips?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I'd take any of the FM's in large quantities. Although Cellar is clearly my favorite. :puffy:
Bulk would be awesome as well. Not sure about wood chips in the bulk. Someone might smoke the chips. he he

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Isn't it amazing he tastes can change with growth
The tobacconist at De La Concha in manhattan had originally recommended it to me when I began to smokes pipes again and being used to aros (capt black etc) I didn't care for it
Now, I love it and other oriental/lats
Bulk would be great

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
That's true, there's nothing stopping them from doing the other Frogs in bulk. The decision must have something to do with marketing, making sure those blends seem special, etc.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Roth it is rather strange.
Allan de La Concha is like 2 blocks from my office. The very first time I smoked a latakia blend it was one of their bulk blends that a friend loved. I frigging hated the stuff and refused to ever smoke any latakia. That is until I took my first puff of Cellar and I've been in love with the stuff ever since.

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
Fitzy
My wife's office is in 9 west, the big bent building
I go to de La concha often to sit around and smoke while waiting for her
Where are you?

henryp

Lurker
Aug 17, 2013
Chicago
I have 2 100g tins sitting on my desk at work. (I get all my stuff delivered here as there's no one home to accept deliveries during the day). It's all I can do from popping a tin to just smell it. This is my first tin of Cellar and I'm counting the minutes before I can go home and smoke a bowl.
Time does stand still sometimes.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Excellent idea!
pipesmoker.gif

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Allan I'm on the corner of Madison and 57th. So like a block and 1/2 from your wife.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
Count me in! FMC has to be my #1 or #2 favorite.
I would greatly appreciate McClelland offering it (and the rest of the Frog series) in 8 oz. tins, or even a pound. I buy all of my Sutliff favorites in 8 oz. when available. And besides, it's so much easier to tell my wife, "Oh honey, I'm only ordering 10 tins." Little does she know those are 8 oz. tins! :puffy:

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
I'd love to see the FM Collection being sold in 8oz or more tins, so put my name down.

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.