PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
After hearing all of the positive reviews on this blend, I decided to try some. First I will say that I am really enjoying it A LOT. However, I was surprised to find a 1 inch square block of wood in my tin. Anyone else find a surprise in their tin?

rogermugs

Might Stick Around
Mar 10, 2013
I have a job -- here. 7,000 posts since August 2012.
I will say though -- Kevin doesn't pay much.
The trick is to act like you don't want the money. Kevin is confused by people who dont want money and he attempts to lure them to the dark side by throwing money at them.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
"Oh, and you can experiment -- that piece of wood will "flavor" other tobacco as well."
Maybe we ought to start a new thread and see how many unique uses members can come up with for those little bits o'barrel. I'm trying to fit a few in somehow on my model railroad.
Oh, and I do believe it was used to store bourbon - I remember reading that on McClelland's web site. Does McClelland sell whiskeys also?

moses

Jan 12, 2013
Biddeford
Yeah, I picked up some FMC on a lark and it was the most pleasant surprise I've ever smoked (thus far). I honestly had no idea what to expect.
Now it's got its own briar. :clap:

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
As a noob this was a suggestion from Roth and I have been trying to spread the gospel as well.
Maybe McClelland is paying Roth in baccy for his suggestions :rofl:
Just joking, but they should throw a few tins at you for all of the people you have turned on to this wonderful smoking mixture. It is definitely one of my faves.

pjhicks

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
Excellent smooth lat blend that pairs well with my morning coffee. I have to admit to staring at the block of wood wondering; how something that size slipped through the tinning process. DUH!!

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Just a thought: I wonder if that barrel stave is from Tennessee sippin' whiskey, better known as Jack Daniel's Old No. 7?

smeigs

Lifer
Jun 26, 2012
this is still my favorite blend and has been for a while now.. cant go wrong with this stuff!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
this is still my favorite blend and has been for a while now.. cant go wrong with this stuff!
I've only just started with this blend, but it's stellar. Burns beautifully with no effort and doesn't burn hot - superb.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Smoking some now and loveing this thread because I have a bad head cold and can"t taste a thing, hearing your descriptions I know I am haveing a fine smoke. The old cajun :rofl:

colcolt

Jun 11, 2012
I'll have to try this. It has to be better that the other Frog Morton's.

Status
Not open for further replies.