PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I just smoked two bowls tonight and all I could think of was that I needed more.

I really hope that the recipe of this somehow gets out there, even if the exact let quality isn't available.

Its just so good.

pianopuffer

Can't Leave
Jul 3, 2017
NYC
I hear you. I bulked up on the FMC about a year ago, the big tins, but now I'm realizing it's not enough. I did, however, snag a few of the Frog Across the Pond tins before they went belly up last year.

derekflint

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 23, 2017
Glad you guys like this blend, I tried but could not !! Just thru the remainder of a tin out in the trash.

josephcross

Dec 30, 2015
FMC is probably my least favorite. Knowing my luck, I’ll start to love it after I smoke the remainder of what I own.

coyja

Can't Leave
Feb 10, 2018
Spinning ball of dirt
I think I'm going to put the FMC whiskey stave in a bag of Nougat 24 and see if it does anything over time.

Just got this Nougat ant its pretty tasteless, anyhow.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Why would you throw away a perfectly good tin or partial tin. Offer it up here or send it to the Free Pipe Project. I could have sent that out to a new smoker to enjoy. Don't waste good baccy!

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I was not a fan of FMC so I spent my funds as follows:
McClelland Drama Reserve-2

McClelland Royal Cajun Dark-5

McClelland Royal Cajun Ebony-2

McClelland Sophisticate-2

Butera-Matured Ribbon-3

Butera-Golden Cake-3

Butera-Dark Stoved-2

Butera-Blended Flake-2
I was filling in some holes in my cellar.

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
I just went a little bat sh*t and ordered FM Cellar 150g, FM on the town 150g, FM on the bayou 100g..

They aren't in my rotation any more but my first tastes of english blends were these and I can't imagine not having any in the cellar.

I only have one across the pond 50g tin in the cellar for a special occasion..
Also I threw in a GL jacknife plug and an Dunhill elizabethan for good measure.. :puffy:

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
I'm more fond of FM On The Town; seeing now the official shut-down of McClelland (congrats on the retirement folks), I picked up 3 100g tins for myself.
I neglected to tell my wife that I also picked up a Ropp Cutty too...

pipesticks

Can't Leave
Jun 29, 2016
Chicago
I like whiskey WITH my tobacco but not IN my tobacco. I've never been a big fan of FMC. But, I do love On the Bayou and On the Town and stocked up on both of those while the gettin is still good.

robcapp

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I like FMC.... But I certainly don't think it superior to English blends made by manufacturers who specialize in English blends. It's a bit light and I feel a touch unsatisfied after a bowl.
Of you guys who are raving fans and devotees - how do you compare FMC to other English blends? In your mind, is it superior to others?

Status
Not open for further replies.