PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitesands77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2016
Denver USA
I just heard that McClelland will be discontinuing this blend because of the lack of Syrian latakia...? Has anyone else heard this?

whitesands77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2016
Denver USA
I purchased one tin on the recommendation from my B&M that gave me the info. They stated they will no longer be getting any in. I guess it has to do with the lack of importation to the US blending houses.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Syrian Latakia has been out of production for years and the remaining supply is drying out. I'd understood previously that McClelland had the largest reserves, so the fact that they're starting to cut out blends containing Syrian may be a sign of the end coming sooner than later. Too bad about FMATP. I'm glad I got lots extra before. 8O
Don't mean to sound a bummer, but start getting used to seeing familiar brands and blends go out of production, for this and various other reasons ...

whitesands77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 12, 2016
Denver USA
Yeah, it kinda sucks. I wouldn't think they would just discontinue a blend. I mean, does Syrian Vs. Cyprian make that much of a difference?

lazar

Can't Leave
May 5, 2015
I have a couple of tins I'd be willing to trade for other discontinued McC Syrian blends, 1-for-1. Especially Samovar and 3 Oaks Syrian, but others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.