PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Does anybody else on here think that Frog Morton original tastes like black licorice, or is it just me?

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
No, but sometimes I think I must be the only guy in North America who can't stand the stuff.
Count me in on that group, too. Love latakia, hate sweetened cavendish.

smokeyweb

Dec 29, 2013
Perhaps my palate is not as refined as some of you salty dogs, but every time I smoke that blend it always tastes like black licorice, especially during retro hale.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
I have never liked the taste of black licorice (FWIW, usually actually anise), but I do like FMO. My tastes only, your tastes may vary...

pipenscotch

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
Never had that experience before...I do however taste pure unadulterated bliss when I do smoke it, it's in my top three blends of all time!

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
pipenscotch:
Have you ever tried FM with some age on it? I haven't tried the original -- I enjoy OTT and ATP -- but I've got a tin of it that's just been sitting in the cellar for a while.
Just wondering what your -- or anyone else's -- impressions of it might be after a few years. (Well, to be honest, it's been sitting there for 11 years. So it's a 2003 tin.)
Bob

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
No, but sometimes I think I must be the only guy in North America who can't stand the stuff.
No, your not the only one. Then again, I personally can't stomach the taste of anything that contains Latakia.

Status
Not open for further replies.