PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Thinking of trying a few of their blends, has anyone tried any of them?
I'm thinking Blackjack, Cut Virginia Plug and Vintage :puffpipe:

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I recall you being a big fan of Rattray's Marlin Flake. All I can say is do your self a favour and order a 50 gallon drum of Cut Virginia Plug. It's pure soft sweet, caramelized brown sugar and sweet potato pie Virginia goodness. I can't recommend a tobacco more.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Vintage is a good tasting if somewhat unremarkable straight Va flake. It is precisely what I would recommend to a newbie who wanted to sample a benchmark, or representative member of the Va. flake genre. There’s lots of quality here, but nothing distinctive – no pizzazz. However it does have good balance between taste, strength and body (mouth feel). What you get is a rock solid Va. taste that is at least as fruity as it is grassy, and perhaps even a little wine-like. The flavor rides on a good volume of chewy smoke, but there is little in the way of complexity.
Cut Virginia Plug is very tasty and intriguing. It's a basic, grassy Va flake with a dark side sweetness that I'd put in the date and prune family -- perhaps even approaching anise. It produces lots of caramel overtones and has an ever-so-slight sharpness that suggests spice.
Blackjack -- I haven't tried this yet. (Too many open tins to work on already!) :lol:

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
I enjoy Blackjack, Cut Blended Plug, Cut Virginia Plug, Vintage and Wingate Mixture. These are tasty, age well and worth investigating.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I'll have to try their pipe blends. They make a couple of really nice snuffs, Old Paris and Bourdeaux. Well, okay, technically Wilsons of Sharrow makes the F&T snuffs now, but they are still very nice.

Jul 12, 2011
Thanks for the info brothers, diehard VA lover...so I'm trying to arrange a truck load order of Cut Virginia Plug...anyone up for a smoke? :D

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I had a tin of the Golden Mixture, very good stuff, but I didn't enjoy it until I bought a dedicated pipe for it. After I did that, I found it to be a good morning smoke.

Jul 12, 2011
@ohin3-on the money brother, Cut Virginia Plug~ It's pure soft sweet, caramelized brown

sugar and sweet potato pie Virginia.....
Now I don't want to start a feeding frenzy here...but CVP/DAMN! If

you are a pure V lover and haven't done this blend yet...you owe

it to yourself to get a sleeve or two ;-)

Jul 12, 2011
Just finished up another bowl...howl'in at the moon this stuff is so damn good ;-) I gave it good air-time, 6-12hrs out of the tin

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm just glad to see this tobacco get some attention...it really is one of the most delicious straight Virginias I have ever smoked.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I have some cut virginia plug in the cellar but havent got to it yet. Someday soon I hope. :)

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Cut Virginia Plug is adorable, Phill advised me to try it (thanks alot dear Phil), and I was surprised how it is a nice tobacco, unless your don't struggle cutting the plug, you will enjoy the smoke and cool yeasty flavour of well Va. Try it with a cup of milk tea, the taste will be amazing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
The Cut Virginia Plug is my favorite of the line. I recently opened a 10 year old tin and it has been amazing. It is one of the least bitey Virginia's I have ever smoked and one of my favorites in the morning. I am down to only 3 more of the 10 year old tins and am considering stocking up again. I only wished they would sell this stuff in bulk, it is definitely not a cheap smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.