Tags:   

Fribourg & Treyer pipe question

(8 posts)
  • Started 5 months ago by odobenus
  • Latest reply from jpmcwjr
  1. odobenus

odobenus

Login to Send PM

Hey folks. I'm hoping someone might have a little more information on Fribourg & Treyer pipes. I can't seem to find much at all, beyond what's on Pipedia about how the legendary shop had its pipes manufactured by various unnamed makers. I'd like to think that the pipes were high quality because of the shop's reputation, but don't necessarily want to gamble on an estate pipe when I know nothing of its origins.
    Specifically, I was checking out an F&T Lansegal smooth Belge-ish Dublin (online) listed for $120 that is apparently marked as such:
    F&T (inside diamond)
    Lansegal (in script)
    FRIBOURG & TREYER
    LONDON
    Any guesses as to who made this and whether its (original) quality is likely to have been good?

Non Serviam
    Posted 5 months ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

jensen

Login to Send PM

My sandblast F&T Sansegal (not Lansegal ) with hand cut stem was made by Orlik

Posted 5 months ago #
  3. odobenus

odobenus

Login to Send PM

Ah, thanks. You like the quality? Any idea what era yours is from?

Posted 5 months ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

jensen

Login to Send PM

This one is a blast Canadian from the seventies.I also have an unsmoked smooth Lovat
    and a smoked reject. Good pipes I would say. But $ 120, give it a closer look before you buy

Posted 5 months ago #
  5. odobenus

odobenus

Login to Send PM

Perhaps not worth the risk. I am wary of online estates with no close-up photos.
    What made that 3rd one a reject?

Posted 5 months ago #
  6. pianopuffer

pianopuffer

Login to Send PM

I’m also curious on these pipes. They seem to go for a lot of dough online, but not a lot of info out there about their quality or build.

Posted 5 months ago #
  7. alialansari

Ali Alansari

Login to Send PM

How can one definitively tell by whom his F&T pipe was made? I recently scored an unsmoked Sansegal saddle stem billiard and I'm very keen to find out who made it.

Posted 4 months ago #
  8. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Photos, gents!

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Postimage; Dropbox, etc. Photobucket), or on virtually any site, including this site's album such as eBay, Amazon, you-name-it, select the full sized image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose "copy image location" or similar words. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg or .png) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.

The site's album is also a good choice for displaying photos, and the same method works for obtaining the image's URL for copying into the IMG box.

There are other good illustrations and steps on how to post photos in the "Latest Discussions" box,
    LINK to that thread

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 4 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   newbroom, tobefrank