PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
So awhile back I did a trade with one of you guys for a sampling of Virginias. Today I tried the Cut Virginia Plug and wow this is one of the best flakes I have had. But to my disappointment when I looked for some online everyone is sold out. Is this one of those tobaccos that is hard to get? Also how are their other flakes?

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
It is one of my absolute favourite Virginia flakes. Haven't tried their other flakes yet. From what I have read about their other flakes they are all pretty much slight variations of what you are smoking in Cut Virginia Plug. Now that you mention it, I may just have to cut up some cubes and get them to drying.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
CVP has been a favorite of mine since around 2001( still have one left from that year). It is a great va flake that never bites and is always tasty. I also like their Vintage but have not tried the Special Brown yet, it is on my list. I think I may have something to do with the current shortage as I recently stocked about 70 tins.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Wow well maybe they will get more soon. I actually think I got the sample from you Harris, but it was only enough for a coupe of bowls, which is a tease. I will be on the lookout for a couple of tins.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I'm wondering if it was from me. Didn't you and I exchange some tobacco a while back? Was it you that offered up the Vintage Marlin Flake? Or maybe you that offered up the Stonehaven?

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
shantiques, it could have been from me when we did the trade for Stonehaven. I was doing a lot of trading back then so I cannot remember them all. It would have been from August of 2012 if it was from me.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
Not sure who it was from. Either way I appreciate it, it is a great tobacco and that is saying something. I'm super picky and really have only found a few tobaccos that i would cellar for the tobacco apocalypse. this one goes on the list. i got such a pleasant mouth ghosting from it that I am still enjoying it as I type. I do have some Stonehaven cellared. Maybe I will offer it up as a trade on briarbid for some CVP. I like it ok and really just cellared it as a bargaining chip. But I still have a few flakes from my trades that I need to sample, before I do anything drastic. This has reignited my desire to find new tobaccos to love. And after buying many that were just ok, I'm excited to try some of the others I got in the trade. I'll post my likes out of those too.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Yea CVP plug and Special Brown are great. I don't have the new stuff. I was lucky enough to score one tin of each from 2007. I plan on ordering some F&T Vintage. I heard that was pretty tasty.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Shantiques, I would definitely trade you some CVP for Stonehaven, but I would be less than honest if I did not say you would be crazy to do that. CVP will become available soon at SP and PC and is available at many places as I type, where Stonehaven is probably the most difficult blend to find. Let me know if you need a source for the CVP now.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
It is ok I found a source. It s a little more than sp, so I think I will just wait. I'm currently building my TAD funds for my next order anyway.

john218

Part of the Furniture Now
May 5, 2012
Connecticut
Good old UPS, the bearer of so many good things, delivered some Fribourg And Treyer Cut Virgina Plug and Samuel Goweth Full Virginia Flake today
Iwan Ries had them in stock. They don't have the best price, but since they had both and I was eager to try them , I ordered from them.
I'm smoking Full Virginia Flake for the first time ever right now and enjoying it very much.
There's no bite at all and I'm getting a pleasant coating on the tongue from it. It's a smooth smoke
Harris, I ordered the two blends based on your recommendations. Glad I did.
Looking forward to trying the Gawith tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.