PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012

I recently received this bent billiard meerschaum carved by Imdat from our new site sponsor Meerschaumstore.com. Very quick and friendly service -I had the pipe in hand in about 5 days including a weekend. Thanks MeerQueen!

I am definitely not an authority on meerschaums but I am pleased with my new pipe. I noticed right away during the first smoke that the air way is drilled well and is much more open than my other meer. I've read that for a long time that Meerschaum pipes have had more restrictive draw than what has become commonplace these days. I tend to belong to the "more open draw" crowd and I feel the new pipe is spot on.

I admire the fancy carved figure meerschaums and I love looking at them but personally I prefer classic smooth shapes. I like the way the smooth warm stone feels in my hand. The slight bend and stem cut caught my eye and I decided to make this one mine. My only other meer; the No. 11, is quite a large bulky pipe and while I do enjoy it tremendously I've been wanting a smaller meerschaum.

A little color after the first smoke. (Mac Baren Vanilla Cream Flakes)
With the much narrower wall thickness and open draw this pipe seems to heat up fairly quick smoking loose cut tobacco but the slow burning flakes I like seem to work great.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
Great looking meer Mike... Did the tamper come with the pipe or is it something that you already had?? Really digging on them paired together... Congrats and Enjoy :puffy:

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks guys!

crk69 -That tamper is my own creation and I agree it does look great paired with the meer. You have to check out my tamper post.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Thanks roth, You are correct the stem does have a little red in it. Mostly it just looks black until you view it in very bright light. It is Lucite.
Height: 1.9 inches

Length: 5.8 inches

Bowl ID: .80" diameter

Weight: 43 grams

Dec 24, 2012
That's a sweet one. Love the classic styling. I just received my first meer the other day and can't wait to try it.
Is it true you have to avoid gripping the bowl?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a really great looking pipe Mike. I's love to see some pics in a few months when it develops more color. Congrats!

meerqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2012
Hi Mike,
we are glad that you like your new pipe :)
@Eric we promise that we are not going to be a new storient.We are going well since 1963 :)
@Roth we have two type of stems : Lucite and Acrylic

Our all "briar type teflon tenon systems" use Acrylic stem.

Best Regards,

B.B

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
Yeah, one of these is going to be my next pipe - meerschaum store is slowly winning me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.