Tags:   

Freemasons and Other Fraternities

(74 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by baronsamedi
  • Latest reply from cynyr
  1. checotah

checotah

Login to Send PM

Masonry is not a secret society. Our lodges proudly proclaim their presence with signs and banners. We are a private society and feel our business is our own. If you would like admission, simply seek out a member in your area and express that interest to him. 2B1 Ask1. Best thing I ever did.

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. colcolt

colcolt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have either heard or read that the Oath of the Knights of Columbus, Knights of Malta and Rhodes Scholars is based upon the Oath of the Jesuits and that Freemasonry dates back to the Crusades. Is their any truth to that? I've also read that in Albert Pike's book that masons are to conceal any crimes of their brother masons if called into a court of law even if it meant perjuring yourself. You hear and read all manners of things about so called secret societies and don't know what to believe.

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. brazz

brazz

Login to Send PM

Teta Delta Chi Omnicron Charge. My son is interested in the Free Masons,whats the best way to join? I live in Rhode Island (Biggest Little State)

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. cynyr

cynyr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Colonel, Freemasonry as we know it developed mostly in the 1600s, and there are reputable claims of predecessors as far back as the Peasant's Revolt of 1381. The late John Robinson makes a good argument about escaping Templars forming the nucleus of the oaths, but it's all speculation.

Albert Pike was a Confederate General, a world-class intellect, and a shameless bullshitter. I discount any tenet of Masonry if the sole source is Albert Pike. A Mason is obligated only by his own conscience to keep a secret entrusted to him by a fellow Mason. There is also a specific exemption for cases of murder or treason.

A little further on the matter of oaths and obligations. The obligation contains many impressive words and bloody language, but if one reads it carefully (and they are all out there to read) the individual Mason is not bound to the Lodge, he is bound only to himself. In other words, by taking the obligation, a Mason is reminding himself, before God (or the Deity of his choice) of the duties he already owes to his fellow man.

I hope that shed a little light for y'all.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   elpfeife, rwramsey, calebtheindian, anglesey, shaintiques, verse, ravkesef, purplemotoman, apatim, papipeguy, latbomber, davidintexas, phonomet, cosmicfolklore, augusto, fadingdaylight, rangerearthpig, pruss, ragnar, doctorbob, sablebrush52, davidsasson, jfox520, msandoval858, quincy, pipebow88, bryanf, billypm, grouchydog, ejames, zzeman