PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugugly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 9, 2015
When I was a kid, we had all kinds of freebies. Not too often, but always cool! One of my first bigger TAD purchases from a site sponsor had a nail and some pipe cleaners thrown in the box. Damn! A freebie! And I hadn't seen one in years!

That was one of the things that just got me about this hobby. Small thing, sure, but it said so much, and, well, it just got me.

So, any of you get any GOOD freebies? With your TAD orders or just something "back in the day? My favorite? A Dairy Queen red white and blue "push pop" with a "your fortune" rolled up in a little clear capsule buried inside. WAY too dangerous for todays world, I'm sure!

elbert

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 10, 2015
My last pipe was a Peterson that came from a "local" tobacconist. There were two signs on the display--"Any pipe purchase over $100 gets free pipe nail and pack of cleaners, and 2oz of tobacco" and "Any purchase of a Peterson Pipe gets a free tin of any Peterson blend". My purchase fulfilled both requirements, so I took the 2oz, the nail, and the cleaners, but I didn't press them for the tin of Peterson. I want that shop to stay in business, dammit!

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I've gotten pipe cleaners in a holder with company logos from both Iwan Ries, and Pipe Makers Emporium.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
The calendar from Pipes&Cigars is always a welcome gift around Christmas.
Frenchy retired about 5 years ago. He included an MM cob and a horseshoe nail tamper with a Stanwell I bought from him.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I used to joke that the only free thing I ever got was my life... obviously I was wrong. Life is seriously expensive.

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
Every order from Sweetwater, an online music shop, includes a sealed plastic pouch of candy: cinnamon jar breakers, peppermint, Bit o' Honey, maybe a mini Tootsie Roll. I've got an acoustic guitar arriving Monday. Looking forward to those cinnamon jar breakers.

darthcider

Jan 24, 2014
Wales
Free anything is good, especially when unexpected.

Going to the till and finding that it's extra discount day is always a good one.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
I got a smokingpipes t-shirt in Chicago . . . for the last 3 years :) And some sweet Smoker's Haven bags!

howink

Lurker
Mar 24, 2015
The first time I ordered a Remora holster (for my wife's Sig), the owner threw in a free mag holder - a generous and welcome surprise that resulted in several additional orders and good word-of-mouth publicity.
HoWink

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
Paul's Pipe shop in Flint, MI - free sample of their custom blends with each purchase, birthday club discounts.
Rick Black - included free cigars with the two pipes I purchased from him.
Custom Corn Cobs - free softy bits with their custom cob replacement stems.
Free soft flame lighter with purchase of Savinelli pipe from a guy I can't remember on eBay
Free locking blade knife from P&C order over $100 (promo last year)
This community is full of deals, just keep your eyes open and when you order, be prepared to smile. Cheers. :puffy:

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
I bought a MM corn cob from Ebay seller "Farmerje" and he sent me a bamboo pipe tamper tool for free!
Oh, and the various gifts (knives, calendars) from P&C over the last year for making a $100 purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.